• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BBQ Masters in the Woods, Foster, RI

new competition. i talked to the lady and she seemed real nice. would definately consider this one but kcbs turn-ins are on the saturday instead of sunday and conflict with my work schedule.

Ri

I spoke with her this week. 2K prize pool and $0 for overall Gc and RGC. That in itself is a deal killer for us. If we won 1st in all categories ($800 TL) it still wouldn't cover our expenses. The organizer really need to attend some other comps and get an understanding of what is needed to run a successful event, IMHO. We're out.

I spoke with her this week. 2K prize pool and $0 for overall Gc and RGC. That in itself is a deal killer for us. If we won 1st in all categories ($800 TL) it still wouldn't cover our expenses. The organizer really need to attend some other comps and get an understanding of what is needed to run a successful event, IMHO. We're out.

I agree Bill. Wow nothing for GC or RGC! I've never heard of that before. I guess this is the flip side what TV exposure brings to the table. While its great we can have more big dollar contests like the SoTW events, we may end up seeing more contests like this one. It's going to be a shame if this ruins the auto status of Wakefield.

Ri

Sean,
I don't think it will generate 15 teams. It is also the same day as Ken Dakki's remembrance gathering. Remembering Ken is way bigger than 1 contest. The details of the contest just made it an easier decision for me.

Back