MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
georgiasmoke
Got Wood.

Default Rust inside my G2

Hello, I have got a G2 Chubby that I just bought used and I've come to notice there is some rust inside the cooking chamber. Has anybody experienced this? If so, how can I remedy the problem? Thanks.
georgiasmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would think like any smoker that has non stainless inside you just brush/wipe off any rust and season it well. I've never had rust with a good seasoning on steel especially inside.

My UDS lid is even non painted and only seasoned.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Smokesignalsfromtx
is one Smokin' Farker

That's not good! Your G2 is ruined. I'll take it off your hands for $200....

Just kidding!!!!

Like FW says, a little brushing, wiping, and re seasoning. It probably wasn't seasoned right the first time......

I've had my party G2 for over a year now and use it A LOT! Did a really good season on it new and have had no problems yet!
Backwoods Party G2, Backwoods Chubby G2, Weber OTG 22.5 (Homer series, RIP), Weber OTG 22.5, WSM 22.5, WSM 18.5, Weber Jumbo Joe, Weber Smokey Joe, Guru DX2 (X3), Insainly [B][I]Fast[/I][/B] [B][I][COLOR="Red"]RED[/COLOR][/I][/B] THERMOPEN MK4, Super, Duper [I][B]Fast[/B][/I] [COLOR=red][B][I]RED[/I][/B][/COLOR] THERMOPEN, Maverick 732,733, Weber S-330, Blackstone Flat Grill, Brinkman Electric Gourmet(X2) "The Twins"

Rick
Smokesignalsfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote