MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #211
Kickback BBQ on Guam
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Try: www.arcticproducts.com. It probably has a part # but if you call(wow that would be long distance!!!!) and ask the kind folks there for the SS lid they will know.

Paul B

First post to the PH...............

Here are mine:

I sent them an email, hopefully they will ship USPS.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #212
KStraker
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Has anyone tried to use a Brinkmann charcoal pan in their UDS? You can get an aluminized one that supposedly holds 15 lbs of charcoal. I could drill it out and then mount it on some feet to get it off the bottom of the drum. Otherwise, my new UDS is done.
KStraker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #213
KStraker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStraker View Post
Has anyone tried to use a Brinkmann charcoal pan in their UDS? You can get an aluminized one that supposedly holds 15 lbs of charcoal. I could drill it out and then mount it on some feet to get it off the bottom of the drum. Otherwise, my new UDS is done.
How many times do I have to reply to myself before I can do a search? All this antispam stuff is a hassle. I just want to search for alternatives on building the fire box.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #214
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

I made a charcoal pan and basket out of a ECB .
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...dneck/Phoenix/

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #215
Norcoredneck

As far as the search use the google search at bottom of page. Little advice here, people are more than happy to help with suggestions. Members love this forum and take might take your post as an insult so have a little patience and enjoy and learn. It's a great place to learn.

Ok let's see your Butt!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #216
TexasAggie97
Full Fledged Farker

Norco, Photobucket is requiring a password to view your private folder.
UDS X 2 (More on the way...)
TexasAggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #217
Norcoredneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Norco, Photobucket is requiring a password to view your private folder.
Sorry can't figure out how to get it public.

Ok let's see your Butt!

Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #218
erwinjohn
Knows what a fatty is.

Hi Norco! Just can't thank you enough for posting a how to build a UDS tutorial. I read your thread till the last page and followed every step you mentioned. And now my UDS is working perfectly and functioning like a horse.... I mentioned you and your thread in my blog as a sign of appreciation. More power to you....

Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #219
Norcoredneck

Thanks. Just let it be known that the UDS is no one persons design. It has grown from ideas people have brought here, trial and error and sometimes civil debate. This thread is only my version of a UDS. This set up works for me every time. Of course within the main UDS thread there are lots of my ideas that don't get incorporated in the ones I build today. lots of ways to do the same thing. Most importantly is that you build it and learn to use what you have as each is a little different. Bragging rights over your own creation is worth the little cuts and scrapes while building them.

Ok let's see your Butt!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #220
KStraker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoredneck View Post
As far as the search use the google search at bottom of page. Little advice here, people are more than happy to help with suggestions. Members love this forum and take might take your post as an insult so have a little patience and enjoy and learn. It's a great place to learn.
Thanks for the tip. I did finally see the search at the bottom of the page. I'm on several forums that use this style of template and the search is usually on the tool bar up top. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I thought I had to reach a certain number of posts before I could use the search. I have been smoking stuff for a few years. I'm making the UDS as a gift for a friend. I only lack the fire box to make it complete. I think I"ll go to my local welding shop and take a look at his stock. I cannot find expanded steel at my local Home Depot. I think I"ll just leave it in flat grey primer, but paint some kind of logo on it. Probably a big orange tiger paw.

Thanks for the design tips. My friend will love this.

Last edited by KStraker; 11-11-2009 at 11:59 AM..

Old 11-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #221
SSNSOCALFAN
Found some matches.

Cool Aloha from hawaii

Got my drum yesterday and did a good burn on her 3 crates plus! Thx for the thread looking fwd to chatting with all yall and posting pics!
SSNSOCALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #222
KStraker

Here's a pic of my fire basket. It's a porcelainized wash pan from Ace Hardware, with a ton of big holes drilled in to it. Three inch stainless bolts for feet. Works like a champ.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #223
deguerre

Quote:
Thanks. Just let it be known that the UDS is no one persons design. It has grown from ideas people have brought here, trial and error and sometimes civil debate. This thread is only my version of a UDS. This set up works for me every time. Of course within the main UDS thread there are lots of my ideas that don't get incorporated in the ones I build today. lots of ways to do the same thing. Most importantly is that you build it and learn to use what you have as each is a little different. Bragging rights over your own creation is worth the little cuts and scrapes while building them.
All of this is true, but you have a knack for making it look so darn easy!
I am definitely using this thread when I build my own.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #224
Fat Daddy's Franks
Got Wood.

Guys thanks for such a great thread and Norco your tutorial was the best my build last night went off without a hitch!

Now ready for paint a good seasoning and possibly a hinged lid... Pictures coming soon!
Fat Daddy's Franks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #225
HumboldtSmokeBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:

I cant thank you enough, or the guy who steered me to this thread.
Now, a quick question...My UDS is kicking butt! I love it. I dont have a charcoal pan below my coal box...so the coals just fall to the bottom. Is the only purpose of the pan to ease clean up after a cook?

I opened my lid during my first cook and some ash did fly up from draft i guess. would the pan under teh box stop this?

Thanks again to all who have helped me with the UDS design, this thing has changed my life.

Tags
DIY Drum Smoker, Homemade Ugly Drum Smoker, How to build a UDS, Norcoredneck, PBC vs UDS, Trailer Treasure, tutorial, uds, UDS Tutorial