My New Shirley is here!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Sorry this is late in coming... With the pig roast and party (which can be seen here - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248511) THis is the first chance I had to really give some details on the pit.

bNii5eh.jpg

Its a 24x70 Straight back. Standard height, but with extra shelf slots for different configs. Also have an extended warmer with 5 slots for shelves. Sausage hangers, sear station, and the stainless shelf has a backsplash which is probably the coolest thing about the smoker. It works great. Everything that drips off the racks hits the shelf, not the black paint. Love it!

MxiKyBE.jpg

BrKiwzk.jpg

Zyc0AM9.jpg

8ySPEDY.jpg

Didn't buy 3 fancy rims so I put a cover over my ugly spare...
tsTOn4I.jpg

New Firebasket design. I like it. No issues with it at all.
F9JASQA.jpg

Warmer with all the goodies in there. Get the charcoal grate if you plan on grilling in the warmer. Its worth it
Qjd1ncO.jpg

DqjDsOZ.jpg

Nice feature of the extra rack/rack positions - I can cook a hog AND Ribs and sausage

I seasoned her on Friday. 4-5 hours of slowly raising the temps to 250-275. Then I cooked a fatty. After the fatty was done I threw 4 splits in and took it up to 400 and then let it die out on its own. Got all the grates good and carbonized. Next morning was the pig. Had her up to 300 in about 45 minutes and she sat there all day. Didn't seem like she needed much wood at all. Very pleasantly surprised with her fuel consumption.

And the pig was off the hook!

Sweet looking rig.I love the backsplash.I also like the idea of the extra shelf slots.I wanted those but never got around to telling Tyler until my build was already finished.

Back