UDS 'Seminar' and More from a Pretty Good BBQ

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
First, I wanted to share some info my friend, Josh, had to say to those of you that came down for the Pretty Good BBQ:

Let me start by saying that I am not a barbecue freak. Don’t take offense, but ya’ll are nuts. Don’t get me wrong, I love to eat BBQ. (is BBQ an officially sanctioned abbreviation? I never know what is OK to say or not, although this weekend I learned several things NOT to say, such as mention any chain restaurant in comparison to your food). I even like the idea of smoking meat. But the work and the preparation! It is truly a labor of love. Which brings me to my point…

To drive for hours to cook meat all night that you intended to pay for in a not-so-nice part of town to give it away—WOW. Ya’ll are nuts AND you have big hearts. There is nothing that inspires me more than watching people excel with their talents and skills to accomplish a Godly purpose. Being around that type of environment is invigorating and fun and connects deep down with something placed within—placed there by our Creator if you will agree with me. I just want to say a special thanks to all you BBQ freaks who do what you do because you love it and for your generous hearts and humble attitudes, well, except when it comes to what you think about your BBQ skills.

He changed his mind last weekend; he's got parts of my old Chargriller, and realized he'd like to have a UDS! Which brings me to the next part...

On June 28, 2008, we'll be having a UDS Building Workshop, with Chinesebob coming over to Dayton to help what looks like about 20 guys build their own UDSs. If anyone wants to come to Dayton to build one as part of this, drop me a PM (email is even better). We'll put together kits so that the 28th will be putting together the parts. Afterwards, we'll hold a short instructional demo on how to do ribs and pulled pork on them, so the guys have something to do with them.

Take this on the road....bring it to NJ....and pick up a drum for me on the way please :rolleyes:

it sounds more like you need to take a trip to Ohio!

Curt you are going to have a great time. The team building is fun and the work seems to go quick. Once the burning and stripping is done the guys can see results very quickly. Man 20 + drums abuilding...cool. Can't wait to see the pron:icon_cool:icon_bigsmil

I am a moron. I saw this and thought it was 2009. Any word on doing one of these this year?

Glad I did not buy my airplane ticket for that weekend!!!!

Glad I did not buy my airplane ticket for that weekend!!!!

For REAL!!!!

Stay down told me about this and I was already planning on coming.... then I looked for myself and saw it was 2008.

I would really LOVE to get in on something like this though....... Anyone up for it this year!?????

according to that thread the UDS Seminar is off for that weekend. :cry:

Then head to the thread. I swear I saw it.

I did PM chinesebob to ask if he wanted to do another build seminar like he did last year. I told him we both would be interested. Only time will tell!

Then head to the thread. I swear I saw it.

I did PM chinesebob to ask if he wanted to do another build seminar like he did last year. I told him we both would be interested. Only time will tell!

I should have "prefaced"........

"I demand PROOF!!!!!!!!!!" ...... BECAUSE I am too lazy to look for it

Ask and ye shall receive

It looks like no UDS workshop, but we do have several volunteers to help tend pits, etc., overnight. These guys will want to talk bbq, which will help them want to build UDSs for next year, I hope!

I don't know if we'll be doing another UDS workshop this year or not. If we can get at least 10 people, then we will schedule one.

Back