IT'S ON!! N Tx/ S. Ok Bash Sat Nov 2nd Lake Ray Roberts

Well, that's actually a Starduster Too, but, yep. That's almost the one. Can't believe an AIRFORCE guy misidentified a plane for a car...:twisted:

No misidentification involved. Complete UNidentification!

I'll have to make a run to Specs before this to get some good microbrews in cans. I'm not sure about y'all's experiences but since park rules state "Public consumption or display of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited" I find cans are a bit less conspicuous when placed in a koozie compared to the tell-tale brown bottle.

The Isle du Bois branch at Ray Roberts is super easy to drink in. I have not been to johnson Branch before, but I suspect that it is the same, especially off-season. A can in a koozie will work, and a cup is good, too.

Most Texas State park rangers are lenient about drinking, as long as you aren't being stupid about it.

CD

Yeah, I have drank my share in Texas State parks just always tried to be discrete about it since they do have the rule in place...

How about a b*tch red Hemi Challenger?
Oh, but I'm taking the truck. Well, it's only got five fewer horsies and it can haul a LOT more beer! :mrgreen:

Is it an SRT8? Is it a six-speed?

If not, meh. :becky:

CD

My dad bought one of the first-year Goats after their resurrection. Sixty-something years old then. You go, dad.

For his 80th birthday, my dad bought a supercharged A6 just like the one in this Audi Superbowl commercial. He called me about a dozen times asking me about the car, and then saying, "I really don't need one." LOL. I fanally said, Just buy it, already!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9WjeH6VlTA"]Audi A6 supercharged 2009 Commercial_ 60 Second [Jason Statham] - YouTube[/ame]

CD

Hey, where exactly in the park are we gathering? What pavilion?

CD

Hey, where exactly in the park are we gathering? What pavilion?

CD
Looking to line up a camp site? I couldn't figure it out from the map either when I looked a while back trying to find a camping site in close proximity.

Smitty?

I was supposed to be off that Friday and we were considering camping to see how our kiddo would do at tent sleeping for the first time. Since it is close to the house, if it was a problem, my wife and son could go home easily. Unfortunately, clients are coming in that Friday so the whole office needs to be there.

Y'all read my mind. Was also trying to make sense of that map.

I would love to make this Gig. It's about a 4.5 hour drive. LuzziAnn will be out of town on business that week. Darn It! Looks like it's going to be quite a Bash!

Thanks frognot!

I would love to make this Gig. It's about a 4.5 hour drive. LuzziAnn will be out of town on business that week. Darn It! Looks like it's going to be quite a Bash!

Thanks frognot!
bummer!

Who else?

1. SmittyJonz - Brisket, Pasta Salad
2. peeps - pork butt on the mini, Coleslaw...maybe a couple misc Q items.
3. frognot - chili, MOINK balls, smoked/cajun sausage, possibly brownies
4. Arlin_MacRae - more MOINK balls (NEEDS COOKER)
5. caseydog - turkey or turkey legs
6. Totally Basted (Frognot Jr)

^^^^^ Yes, some of us are interested in camping there, and want a campsite close to the Bash. Can you tell us where, exactly, a pavilian has been reserved?

CD

Pavilion One right across from Kiddie pond. The Icon with "3 picnic tables stacked under a cover " next to site 162 -- there is a good sized parking lot at the Pavilion - I've only been there once and remember most of the camp sites were not real close- not like walking distance close. It's a nice well kept park and the Pavilion is pretty good sized.

Pavilion One right across from Kiddie pond. The Icon with "3 picnic tables stacked under a cover " next to site 162 -- there is a good sized parking lot at the Pavilion - I've only been there once and remember most of the camp sites were not real close- not like walking distance close. It's a nice well kept park and the Pavilion is pretty good sized.

Thanks. So, camp site 162 is the closest camp site? It looks like we can camp pretty close to the Bash site, and have bathrooms/showers a stone's throw away. Looks like we even have WiFi -- and with luck, it may even work.

CD

I have one heck of a crazy schedule going but I'll see if I can make it. If so, I'm thinking chuck ribs and bacon wrapped jalapenos, can also load up my longhorn stickburner

Let me check back in a couple of days

Cool - the more the Merrier- Pavilion is rated for 50 people but we had 100 plus at the "Take a Soldier Fishing" Event. :mrgreen:

Back