MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
QueTPiesBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Default BBQ Sauce bottling ideas

Looking for ideas on a way to bottle our bbq sauce. Starting out small at first to use as gifts, but want the look of a store bought sauce. Anyone have any good copacker or bbq sauce bottling info to share?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
getyourrubonbbq
Take a breath!

Chris, Let me know what you're looking for and how many bottles at a time you want to produce. Most co-packers have a very hefty minimum and if you don't have a broker/contact for a retail outlet ready to place an order it's hard to justify the expense. Not to mention shipping, storage, the ability to move several pallets of cases.
[URL="http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com"]www.extremebbqtrailers.com[/URL]
getyourrubonbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Countryhb
is One Chatty Farker

Don't know if they have them in your neck of the woods, but there are kitchens out here that'll allow you full use of their space for $25 an hour. There was a special run on the news the other day about these places, and one guy happened to be bottling sauce. Might be worth some research...
Kamado #7
BWS Party
NB offset with baffle and chimney mods--STOLEN
Double-barrel 55-gal drum smoker
A farking weed burner...hehe hehe! Fire's Cool!
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
QueTPiesBBQ

hey bud, not sure to be honest how many bottles to start with. Just trying to get some information. It would be cool to be able to give some out at christmas to family and friends. You got any ideas?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
fevoice
Knows what a fatty is.

Cool BBQ Sauce Bottling

If you just want to give gifts, company's like Head Country BBQ in Oklahoma have a private labeling program that is somewhat inexpensive. Minimum 14 cases at $21 per case, plus the cost of labels and shipping. And they make a very good bbq sauce.

Web site is www.headcountry.com ask for Paul.

BBQ Sauces include Original, Hickory and Hot. Good stuff, good people.

There are other companies that do private labeling as well. You can also make your own sauce and order bottles. Fill them up and give them out.
[URL="http://www.roaringforkbbq.com"]www.roaringforkbbq.com[/URL]
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
fevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
Rightstuff
is one Smokin' Farker

Check out www.bottles.us/
and www.simplylabels.com

Bottles.us has bbq sauce bottles for sale and simplylabels.com has the cheapest prices on labels I was able to find. This is probably the cheapest method for what your considering. DIY ! for gifts.
Rightstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
QueTPiesBBQ

thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
FatBoyz
is one Smokin' Farker

call lambs farm in libertyville ill thay have a comp there thay do copacking in many sizes i will be doing my sauce there soon
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
Cabntmkr1
is Blowin Smoke!

Great info...
[FONT=Arial]ServSafe Certified[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Déjà Moo - The feeling you've heard that bull before. [/FONT]
Cabntmkr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #10
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightstuff View Post
Check out www.bottles.us/
and www.simplylabels.com

Bottles.us has bbq sauce bottles for sale and simplylabels.com has the cheapest prices on labels I was able to find. This is probably the cheapest method for what your considering. DIY ! for gifts.
I'm reviving an old thread here, but I've been looking around without much luck. If I want to bottle and sale only a few bottles at comps and cookouts, are the bottles like these with the pressure sensitive lid: http://www.bottles.us/pickcap.asp?bottle=723&type=Each safe to use, and would I bottle the sauce the same as if I was using a mason jar (sanitize everything, hot water bath, etc)?

Thanks for any input!
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
I'm reviving an old thread here, but I've been looking around without much luck. If I want to bottle and sale only a few bottles at comps and cookouts, are the bottles like these with the pressure sensitive lid: http://www.bottles.us/pickcap.asp?bottle=723&type=Each safe to use, and would I bottle the sauce the same as if I was using a mason jar (sanitize everything, hot water bath, etc)?

Thanks for any input!
That will work as long at you get the metal cap with rubber gasket. Hot fill the bottle (make sure the sauce is at 180º & the bottle has been sanitized) - put cap on tightly - invert bottle (so sauce is now on the cap) to create seal.

As long as your sauce is acidic enough, you will not need the water bath though doing that is an extra safety step.

If you're looking to sell these, most states do require at least a commercial kitchen to be legal. Some will also require specific licenses for food processing if you do not have a restaurant license.

Backwoods Pro Jr.
Backwoods Competitor
busted Backwoods Fatboy
Weber 22.5 Kettle
some stainless wood fired thing
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Thanks for the info Cha Cha. I guess I need to look into health regulations now as well.
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #13
fevoice
Knows what a fatty is.

Default BBQ sauce co-packers

There is a company in Denver called Branded Sauces. They have their own items and will put your label on their products. They may be able to use your recipe as well. Danny Cash is the owner and the address is www.brandedsauces.com

Hope this helps or gets you further along the road.

Frank Eriksen
www.radioboulder.us
[URL="http://www.roaringforkbbq.com"]www.roaringforkbbq.com[/URL]
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
fevoice is offline   Reply With Quote