1st time Oakridge Dominator

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I get to make some ribs today with Oakridge Dominator rub that I picked up at a local (55 miles away) BBQ store. Very excited to eat! Rubbed last night and wrapped in plastic. Pitboss on at 200°, sprinkled a little more rub on, and threw in about an hour and a half ago. Plan on taking off after Church. Hopefully I remember to get you some pics when done and sliced?

Last edited:
The Oakridge Dominator is excellent, I really love it. But several people I've cooked for didn't like the cinnamon taste on their ribs. I have one friend that hates cinnamon? Of course he wouldn't even touch them. But like I said, I love it.

I used Dominator for the first time yesterday afternoon. I think you will be very pleased. I believe it lends itself very well to layering of flavors. Enjoy!

The Oakridge Dominator is excellent, I really love it. But several people I've cooked for didn't like the cinnamon taste on their ribs. I have one friend that hates cinnamon? Of course he wouldn't even touch them. But like I said, I love it.

I like to throw a little bit of cinammin in my rub. I didnt realize that there was cinnamon in it. I am liking it already! Took off to rest till other food is done and they smell awesome!

Last edited:

Cinnamon works well on cinnamon rolls, etc. I am one of those that do not care for it on pork ribs. But to each his own.....:grin:

I tried dominator for the first time and don't really like the cinnamon flavor. It grows on you a little but its not a flavor I like.

I bought a sample pack so next is secret weapon then black ops.

Put me in the anti-cinnamon camp on ribs as well. I bought a large batch of Dominator Rib Rub a while back and just don't care for it. First use was my fault. I found it flavorless, but I was very light with the rub. Second and consecutive attempts with it have been OK to good. I find I need to use a finishing rub to enhance the flavor profile a bit for my taste. Oakridge makes outstanding products but this one just doesn't do it for me like their others.

The cinnamon is actually why it has become my favorite rub for ribs.

I use it on ham steaks.

I slather them with a little yellow mustard and coat heavily with dominator. Grill on high until dark as you like them.

My wife goes crazy for those ham steaks.

I use it on ham steaks.

I slather them with a little yellow mustard and coat heavily with dominator. Grill on high until dark as you like them.

My wife goes crazy for those ham steaks.

Consider that idea thieved! That sounds super for a double smoked ham!

My go-to for ribs is a layer of dominator and a layer of secret weapon. I'll also switch out secret weapon for comp beef and pork.

And the big switcharoo. Layer of crucible and layer of dominator. These MUST be announced or my wife will kill me. She thinks black pepper is hot.

My go-to for ribs is a layer of dominator and a layer of secret weapon. I'll also switch out secret weapon for comp beef and pork.

And the big switcharoo. Layer of crucible and layer of dominator. These MUST be announced or my wife will kill me. She thinks black pepper is hot.

I purchased both Secret Weapon and Dominator when I went to the store. I will give it a go

Back