Why cant I find a used WSM...

CUTigerQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
In the WHOLE damned Atlanta area? CL is NO help! Any of you brethren wanna sell me your WSM?

They're like hen's teeth. I've only seen one on CL here in the last year, and I snagged it.

Chuck

Patience Grasshopper, Patience.

I have found one for free and another for $35 over the past couple of years.

They are hard to find, because they are a damn fine smoker. Not many people want to sell them. I've been looking for a while and have come up empty. I'm just going to build a UDS and add a diffuser.

I feel your pain. I look on CL about everyday too for a WSM.

Add a diffuser plate and a 2nd rack to your UDS and you basically have a WSM.

i looked for over three years. finally got one that was a little damaged and had no guts for $50 . now i have a wonderfull wsm. not pretty but she wears her years well. so keep lookin.

Got one. Ain't sellin'. This seems to be the usual story from happy WSM Qers.:wink:

Set up an RSS feed for CL so you will know as soon as possible if one comes up.

Chuck

I hear you!!! I found one this weel on cl and it must have been snatched up in seconds! Either that or the guy must have rethought his $50 price after his email lit up like a christmas tree!!!! But I keep looking!

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
I got lucky last week, hang in their you'll get one soon.:wink:

I am constantly scouting too. No WSMs yet... I did pick up a nice weber performer on CL, though...

My living nightmare is having a neighbor, who owns an 18.5 WSM and only uses the base for a farkin' fire pit ... the rest of it is in a pile behind his garage!!! He just moved in and I want to trade him my fire pit and a rack of ribs for his WSM... these things take timing though...

talk to me about rss feeds...

Go to CL
Do the search you want
When the result page comes back and click on RSS at the bottom right
You will need something like YAHOO(what I use) to monitor the RSS

Chuck

I am constantly scouting too. No WSMs yet... I did pick up a nice weber performer on CL, though...

My living nightmare is having a neighbor, who owns an 18.5 WSM and only uses the base for a farkin' fire pit ... the rest of it is in a pile behind his garage!!! He just moved in and I want to trade him my fire pit and a rack of ribs for his WSM... these things take timing though...

Go pick up another Smokey Joe cheap and offer to trade it to him for the WSM. Selling point is he can use it for a grill as well as a fire pit... :idea:

Back