Ohio turkey obesity

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hope you canny brethren had a turkey selected from Ohio, for Australian researchers announced on national news Ohio had the fattest at over 19 kilos, and Minnesota sold the most turkeys.
Where was your turkey raised, and how was it?

Typically, there is no way to determine where a supermarket turkey is raised. We have to go to quite some trouble and extra expense to get a free range turkey from a local source.

How do you go about buying turkeys in Perth these days?

Hope you canny brethren had a turkey selected from Ohio, for Australian researchers announced on national news Ohio had the fattest at over 19 kilos, and Minnesota sold the most turkeys.
Where was your turkey raised, and how was it?

Kentucky, USA, got one wild, got one fresh kill free range.

Happy Thanksgiving

Typically, there is no way to determine where a supermarket turkey is raised. We have to go to quite some trouble and extra expense to get a free range turkey from a local source.

How do you go about buying turkeys in Perth these days?
We have two choices.
One is to buy it from the great poultry monopoly company frozen sealed in plastic, either direct order or from a supermarket.
Two, fly to the USA and shoot our own and smuggle it back in.
I don't know anyone who has chosen option two.

We got our fresh (i.e. never frozen) turkey from a local butcher. The label proudly says it was raised on a family farm in Ohio. This is my first time going this route and not sure I'll do it again since they asked for my oldest son in exchange for it. :shock:

Back