MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #31
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Are forks mandatory? Since this is a man-sized portion could I use, say, a harpoon? Or a pitchfork? Wait... That's a fork.
No forks are not mandatory and you are more than welcome to use a harpoon in the money shot if you want...you planning on entering a whale steak?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #32
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Alright, I have an idea for this TD unless there are any more special rules that anyone wants to add. Can someone write a "Special Rule Throwdowns for Dummies" so I know exactly how to get DQ'd? I have a cut of meat in the fridge right now. It isn't that big really but I do have to say that it is more than manly in nature. Sadly it is not a "whole" piece, mostly because I blew the chit out of it

[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #33
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Alright, I have an idea for this TD unless there are any more special rules that anyone wants to add. Can someone write a "Special Rule Throwdowns for Dummies" so I know exactly how to get DQ'd? I have a cut of meat in the fridge right now. It isn't that big really but I do have to say that it is more than manly in nature. Sadly it is not a "whole" piece, mostly because I blew the chit out of it

Wait...where's your Barrett?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #34
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Wait...where's your Barrett?
Not needed. I saw what my silly little .243 WSSM did and I can only imagine what a 50 cal would destroy. Besides, I was only shooting 300-400yds. If I needed to clip animals off the next mountain maybe it would have come in handy. Then again, hell if I am gonna hike that thing up a mountain.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #35
deguerre

My bad. Forgot you were in Wyoming, not Namibia and shooting for horns, not tusks.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cack View Post
P.S. Does grill type matter? I currently only have a gas grill. My smoker isn't set up for a high temp like a steak would require. If gas is game ... then I'm game.
Like Redhot said, gassers qualify, but I hope you are planning to get a real grill, soon.

Welcome to the throwdowns!!!

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #37
bigabyte

Grilling is fine. Things do not have to be smoked. They can be grilled or smoked. Gas and electric grills/smokers are fine. It's an open, inclusive BBQ contest, with the word BBQ encompassing what most sane people consider BBQ. The fringe that are excluded are crock pots and the like.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #38
caseydog

Quote:
OK, so to be a noobie again. What does the winner get? Bragging rights and choice on the next throwdown?
There is a rumor out therre that the winner gets a certificate, but don't believe it.

CD
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #39
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Grilling is fine. Things do not have to be smoked. They can be grilled or smoked. Gas and electric grills/smokers are fine. It's an open, inclusive BBQ contest. BBQ is not rigidly defined, contrary to some peoples wildest flights of fancy.
They're fine for the moment, at least until someone says they aren't in some special rule. I'm sure that'll be coming.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #40
bigabyte

I'm waiting for the Caveman Campfire Throwdown. No tools or utensils other than crude hand-carved sticks. Everything cooked, even the meat must be gathered by hand using only crude hunting/gathering tools. Open fire. Ugg-ugg-ugga!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #41
Cack
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Like Redhot said, gassers qualify, but I hope you are planning to get a real grill, soon.

Welcome to the throwdowns!!!

CD
I have a smoker, but keeping the gasser for quick dinners. It's all I have for high temp cooking right now.
Cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #42
caseydog

I now know how to really get under Gore's skin -- and I'm making a list of special rules to have handy if I win another TD.

CD
Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #43
bigabyte

How about this for a special rule....

Anything Gore enters automatically gets DQ'ed?

Oh wait...that's pretty much already standard.

Duh.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #44
caseydog

Quote:
I have a smoker, but keeping the gasser for quick dinners. It's all I have for high temp cooking right now.
I live alone, too. The grill I use most for high heat is my Weber Smokey Joe. I have two of them, now, and a mini-WSM mod.

Smokey Joe grills are great for cooking one steak, a pork chop, or some wings for myself. If you make a mini-WSM mod, you can do a small smoke, like a fatty, some chicken thighs, or a meatloaf, and use very little charcoal.

CD
Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #45
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
There is a rumor out therre that the winner gets a certificate, but don't believe it.

CD
I can attest to that firsthand-I've yet to receive my last two!

But seriously, who enters these things for a potential certificate any way? All the ribbing going on here is worth the price of admission.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
My Meat Rules