Marinating Chicken

F

fevoice

Hi Gang,

Doing a BBQ for the local Elks Club next Friday. Pulled Pork and 1/4 Chickens. How long can I marinate the chicken quarters in italian dressing? Since I'm trying to save time and not wanting to get up at dawn. I was gonna put then in the marinate on Thursday night and cook them Friday afternoon.

Is 12 hours too long? Thanks for your input...

Frank

Skip the marinade all together.
Properly seasoned and cooked and your gold!

Frank,

Just a suggestion. I always add the water, Salt and Sugar to combine the flavor of a marinade and the penatration and texture changes of a cure solution on my poultry.

Frank,

Just a suggestion. I always add the water, Salt and Sugar to combine the flavor of a marinade and the penatration and texture changes of a cure solution on my poultry.

Frank,

I agree with the above statement. If you want good flavor in a shortened time, you're better off brining. In fact brining for longer than a couple of hours (due to salt content) is not necessary with chicken parts. It will add a lot of flavor and seal in the natural juices in the meat.

Good luck.

Kevin

Skip the marinade all together.
Properly seasoned and cooked and your gold!

What he said!

I used to marinate my chicken for catering and it is not necessary. Try a good rub for chix like yardbird or my season all.

Not a fan of Italian dressing marinades...Skip the marinade and brine the qtrs in salt and water for 30-45 minutes and then dust them lightly with your favorite rub....grill or smoke to perfection....

To answer your question directly, 12 hours is not too long to marinate.

I agree with the earlier posts and don't believe it is really necessary but that is up to you. I actually like it both ways.

Good luck and I know whatever you do it will be great.

Hi Gang,

Doing a BBQ for the local Elks Club next Friday. Pulled Pork and 1/4 Chickens. How long can I marinate the chicken quarters in italian dressing? Since I'm trying to save time and not wanting to get up at dawn. I was gonna put then in the marinate on Thursday night and cook them Friday afternoon.

Frank

Brine Brine Brine !!!!! it saves you time and it makes your product moist and unbeleivably tasty. Season brine with some rosmary and tyme and you get the same flavors and less oil than the dressing with the same results.

Depending on how much you are doing just mix the brine then strech it wiht more water to cover and do for the evening then drain and pat dry hten dust it with your dry rub and WOW Your gonna love it.

I like to brine also, its cheaper too. I brine for about 4 hrs.

Hi Gang,

Frank
How did things work out?

Back