MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #16
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

It seems to me that they ran out to the local grocery store and picked up what was available. I noticed all the sauces reviewed were the "original" of each brand. If they are going to review sauces, they should have at least tried and rated the different varieties of each sauce. As a Stubb's sponsored team, we do not like all of the flavors of Stubb's for competition use, but they do have 5 other very tasty products...as do the other brands reviewed. Of course, the review team may not have been trying the sauce on actual food, but just dipping a spoon into the sauce to taste it. That will make a difference in the flavor profiles as well.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
expatpig
is One Chatty Farker

A lobster roll to a New Englander what ,a pulled pork on a bun is to someone from the southern U.S. It has as many variations as does pulled pork, but is essentially lobster meat on a roll. Even McD's has them from time to time. I would imagine it would be as least as good as their "riblet".
[B][COLOR=red]Napoleon Apollo[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]GOSM[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue][B][I]CSBBQA, KCBS, NOBS(Northern Ontario Barbecue Society)Professional Barbecue Team. USAJFKCENMA.[/I][/B][/COLOR]
expatpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #18
K-Barbecue
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim

When you watch their program on TV THEY use the Thermapen. Maybe they were testing low cost solutions ?

I agree with their first place BBQ sauce. Bulls Eye is my favorite with KC second.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #19
CBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
As for the sauces please keep in mind that the magazine is run by a bunch of Yankee's.
This Yankee prefers the Stubb's sauce.

Of course up here in the frigid north, we know nothing about BBQ anyway. I mean you would never see a bunch of Yankees win The Jack or anything.
KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #20
TactTm1
On the road to being a farker

Wait until you see the new issue of Cook's Illustrated (affiliated with ATK) and there scientific work on BBQ!

Tags
BBQ Sauce, thermometer