Fuel bill for gas steam table?

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding a 4 bay lp gas steam table to my vending trailer. I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much gas I would use if all 4 bays were lit per hour? When I vend on Saturdays I am usually open for about 4 to 6 hours. I am currently using crock pots and I hate it. This was all I could afford when I went in business and I am ready for an upgrade but electric over gas is not an option as I would not be able to power it.

Maybe some kinda idea what I would use based on above would help. Thanks

I don't know the consumption but your quality over the CP will be a nice upgrade.
Things to think about is the extra amount of water you'll need to fill the bays.

I used a 4 bay propane table at a market I did. For the water, I used to fill one of my cambro coffee holder/dispensers and filled it with hot water at home. When I got to the market I filled the bays from it. Sorry, I never did figure out how much propane I used during my 5 hours of use each Saturday. It sure was a lot nicer using it compared to the 3 or 4 chaffers and 6-8 cans of fuel. Although I think they make 6 hour ones, I always used the 2 hr ones.

Thanks guys, good points with the water. Most places I am at I do have access to water inside the building so I would not have to use my 21 gallon supply. That is on my upgrade list for this winter.

Would a 30lbs gas cylinder be sufficient to run a 4 bay unit?

Back