First go at bratwurst

A really nice first effort, especially with the KitchenAid attachment.

For those interested in making bratwurst and don’t want to track down all the different spices that a lot of the recipes call for - I’ve had great luck with AC Legg bratwurst seasoning. Scale the mix to the amount of meat you’re stuffing and go. Really good flavor.

Great looking sausage mate
My skins are stored in salt in the Fridge.
Boil water adding salt untill you can add no more that dissolves.
Chill the brine and submerse the skins

AC Legg

For those interested in making bratwurst and don’t want to track down all the different spices that a lot of the recipes call for - I’ve had great luck with AC Legg bratwurst seasoning. Scale the mix to the amount of meat you’re stuffing and go. Really good flavor.

Hi AC Legg Bratwurst has 2 blends. Which one did u use?
Thanks DanB

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks. Since this original post, I did end up getting a 5lb hand crank stuffer. I forget the brand. It works much better than the KA attachment. The last batch, I decided to do 10lbs. I think in getting much better but still have some questions. First, the casings seemed to be getting kinda of stuck on the stuffer tube. Is there like a good grade grease people use at all? Second, I'm still getting a little air bubbles in the links. When I first begin I pump out enough sausage out through the casing before I tie the casing off, but still seem to get air bubbles. I prick all the sausages when I'm complete with a sausage pricker, but I've heard it's there air in the casings that can cause bacteria. Do I need to worry? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Back