Food Network "Best Thing I Ever Ate"

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Saw the episode last night and Duff from Ace of Cakes said that his favorite dish in the world was Gates BBQ Burnt Ends on Bun.

Any MOFO want to confirm how good it is?

After looking at the pictures I actually thought to myself, "If I were single, I'd drive down there today." :eek:

I just watched that episode and now I am craving burnt ends, big time. :wink:

Gates Burnt Ends are the best in town IMHO. It's what I get every time I go, every farking time.:wink:

Hell, I want some now, dammit. And I already have plans for Margaritas and Mexican food tonight at another place.:mad:

I won't say there the best but darn close. Heck ever since I was little my dad would take me there - Gates was the only place we would go right of 103rd street.

A loud,
HI MAY I HELP YOOOOU just as you walk throught the door always makes me laugh, every time. Since I move I have to order gates sauce. Farken better than BAM!

Just my $.02

There might be a bottle of their extra hot sauce in my cupboard if you would like it watertown. Of course it would cost you a cocktail. :)

Never heard of them but it look good as well

L C's Bar-B-Q - Kansas City, MO

Rate Restaurant | Address/Map | Email | Bookmark | Overview

toppick.gif

100% Approval Rating (23 votes)
rate_5.gif

Overall: Worth driving from anyplace
Must Eats

rate_4.gif

Sliced Beef (pound) ($12.00)
rate_2.gif

French Fries ($3.00)
rate_0.gif

Burnt Ends ($9.00)
rate_0.gif

Ribs (slab) ($18.00)
rate_0.gif

Burnt End Sandwich ($8.00)
Written Reviews

rate_4.gif

Bruce Bilmes and Sue Boyle
editor.gif

"In the ongoing and certainly never-ending debate over which KC Q joints reign supreme, and which have passed their prime, let us nominate LC's in the former category. For our money, LC's is one of the greats, in Kansas City or anywhere. "When you see a fork in the ..." [Read More].
rate_5.gif

Michael Stern
editor.gif

"LC's is a no-frills barbecue parlor where all dishware and utensils are disposable. A television set is always on in one corner of the room and a few dusty game-animal trophies adorn the walls. Place your order and pay for it at the counter, where you have a great view ..." [Read More].
rate_4.gif

EATWHERE
Saturday, December 20, 2008
"One of KC best. But having been there noverember 2008 I found the prices high. It'S very good but getting to pricey to go to regulary. So for me. As of 11/2008 most sandwiches are $ 9.49 and slab is 19.99 or long end 12.00. French fries $3.49 My take is must go to, ..." [Read More].
rate_5.gif

Crembo
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
"My brother, Kevin, a member of the Seattle Mariners Broadcast crew, and I, stopped in at LC's recently during our BBQ pilgrimage in KC. They were out of brisket, so I settled on burnt ends, he, on the smoked Boston Butt. Holy Cow--or Pig--this guy really does it ..." [Read More].
rate_5.gif

martyboyer
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
"I came out to Kansas City under the guise of helping a friend move, but I really came here to eat. My friend had received a recommendation from a cab driver, L C's Bar-B-Q. I didn’t even know it was on Roadfood.com (part of my travel-bible) until I recently looked, ..." [Read More].

AddressHours & PoliciesAbbreviated MenuRoadfood Logbooks
markerf19824.png
tl
tl
tl
tl
tl
tl
tl
tl
tl

pw16.png
pn16.png
pe16.png
ps16.png

zsl.gif
zs.gif
zsr.gif
1km
zsl.gif
zs.gif
zsr.gif
1mi
yahoo.png
©2009 Yahoo! Inc.
copyright
zkn16.png
zbg16.png

5800 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO
816-923-4484

Seasons:Open Year Round Meals Served:Lunch, Dinner Operational Hours:Always Call Ahead! Credit Cards Accepted:Yes Alcohol Served:Yes Outdoor Seating:No Reservations Accepted:No Delivery Available:No Takeout Counters:Yes

• Burnt End Sandwich ($8.00)
  • Burnt Ends ($9.00)
  • French Fries ($3.00)
  • Ribs (slab) ($18.00)
  • Sliced Beef (pound) ($12.00)
  • Smoked Chicken Halves ($7.00)

No Logbook Entries

"LC's burnt ends actually are cut to order from the outside and edges of the brisket. A sandwich made from them is impossible to pick up by hand."
Michael Stern

My step daughter took her now husband to Smokey Bones, he claimed it was the best bbq he had ever eaten.
She said..........um sorry, my step dads is much better.

We have no real bbq joints around here, S. Bones came into being a few years ago in a high end shopping mall.

Guess thats why ive been trying to perfect my cooking of Q.

Havent' been to LC's but I would agree with Gates being one of the best.

My step daughter took her now husband to Smokey Bones, he claimed it was the best bbq he had ever eaten.
She said..........um sorry, my step dads is much better.

We have no real bbq joints around here, S. Bones came into being a few years ago in a high end shopping mall.

Guess thats why ive been trying to perfect my cooking of Q.

"Wise is the Daughter" - Yoda moda

Yep Gates and LCs are top of my list when I get back home to visit. I always try to go to the Gates on Brooklyn just up the road from Arthurs.
I also have to order and am lucky I can Gates sauce. 15 years ago we could not get stuff the way we can today.

i just saw L C the other night on with Bobby Flaw. he seemed like a real card. his Q looked great.

Back