MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 07-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #46
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

I'm sorry, I was going to see if there is any way possible to get there, but I am triple booked as it is and my first love is Ronelle.

One thing that could swing my vote:

Is this a clothing optional event?

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 07-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #47
gtr

^^^we’re all about comfort.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #48
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-Chicago View Post
Is this a clothing optional event?
Why do you think I'm returning for my third year?

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #49
campdude
Babbling Farker

I'll be bringing jalapeno dip/chips. I'll bring a bunch of avocados for the tacos too. I got a case of water and I'll bring my cooler with ice. May bring a dessert also. My friends Norm and Chris are coming with me. Do we need sides? Greg, do you have any idea what everyone is bringing? Just checking because you know we always leave a little hungry!
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #50
gtr

^^^good question on the sides! I'll be doing some brisket beans, my next door neighbors said they'd be bringing some slaw. Not to sure what all is being brought - tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll see what I can suss out and put up an update on who's coming, what they might be bringing, etc. I'll also send out PM's to the folks who are/might be coming with address, etc.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
Old 07-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #51
campdude
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
^^^good question on the sides! I'll be doing some brisket beans, my next door neighbors said they'd be bringing some slaw. Not to sure what all is being brought - tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll see what I can suss out and put up an update on who's coming, what they might be bringing, etc. I'll also send out PM's to the folks who are/might be coming with address, etc.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #52
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by campdude View Post
I'll be bringing jalapeno dip/chips. I'll bring a bunch of avocados for the tacos too. I got a case of water and I'll bring my cooler with ice. May bring a dessert also. My friends Norm and Chris are coming with me. Do we need sides? Greg, do you have any idea what everyone is bringing? Just checking because you know we always leave a little hungry!
Quote:

Sounds great, Greg. Communicating who's bringing what helps a lot. The Missus and I have decided on a change of plans. Instead of Sriracha wings, we're going to bring Pig Candy Cinnamon Pecan rolls. So, dessert is covered....sort of. We also may bring some salsa roja for the tacos from Tacos Por Favor, which is off the charts good. Addictive stuff!

Let us know what the head count will be so we bring enough for everyone.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:51 PM   #53
gtr

Alrighty - here's what it's looking like right now - hopefully I'm not forgetting anybody - if so, let me know and I'll update. I've also listed what folks have mentioned they're gonna bring - obviously no need to feel limited by or locked in to what's been listed - food is good in all its forms, esp. when made by Brethren and Sistren!

Bigmista - breakfast
silverfinger
campdude - jalapeno dip/chips, avocados, water, ice, maybe dessert (yes! )
frognot - Conecuh sausages and chocolate chip derby pie
martyleach
SirPorkaLot
Tonybel - red and green salsas
ssv3 - will be able to make it for a couple hours at some point in the day, and will have such a great time he won't leave.
DUBBAGA - yeah, I'm putting y'all on the "gonna be there for sure" list - you know y'all need to be here!
Moose & the missus - pig candy cinnamon pecan rolls, salsa roja
IFlyEm - hopefully picanha!
oh yeah - gtr - cabrito, corn tortillas, brisket beans

"highly probable" - i.e. gonna farkin be there! tom and mrs. b

might be there

mtbchip - dessert
Leftwngr
just remembered I gotta hit up hachi-roku_fan, SoCalWJS, & Mike Twangzer

SmokinJohn said he should be able to make it & Big Brother Smoke is a maybe.

Everyone is welocme - my wife and kidees will be out of town, but feel free to bring young 'uns, friends, whatever - it's all good!

pm's going out soon - if not tonight, then tomorrow night.

As stated some of us will be starting with breakfast - if anybody wants to come early and join us, and if you wanna start a long cook, come on by early. There's all kinds of smoker & grill space available. For example, if someone wants to come and cook a brisket (now there's an idea...) it's doable! There's fridge space, kiitchen, all that btw.

I cannot wait to see my Brethren Brothers and Sisters! It's always such a great time with amazing eats and incredible people. If there are any new farkers in the area reading this and wondering if you should come - I'll just say that if you like to eat great food, maybe have some adult beverages, and laugh yer azz off, then the answer is yes you should.
WTFWGALD?
Old 07-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #54
gtr

Dang - y'all farkers are quiet!

Anyway, silverfinger, Marty Leach and SirPorkaLot have had unforeseen conflicts arise and will not be making it, but SmokinJohn & his bride have confirmed they'll be there, which is fantastic.
WTFWGALD?
Old 07-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #55
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

So what's the updated guest list and number of folks coming at this point? Need to make sure we have enough pig candy cinnamon pecan rolls!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #56
dadsr4

And are you going to enter goat ribs in the throw down?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #57
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Dang - y'all farkers are quiet!

Anyway, silverfinger, Marty Leach and SirPorkaLot have had unforeseen conflicts arise and will not be making it, but SmokinJohn & his bride have confirmed they'll be there, which is fantastic.
Yeah, I'm not real happy about my schedule that day but hopefully I might be able to slip in to give Niel one more "reacharound" before he leaves town

Annnd, my BBQ Wife is going to be there without me?
Not fair

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #58
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
So what's the updated guest list and number of folks coming at this point? Need to make sure we have enough pig candy cinnamon pecan rolls!
There's been a few changes - will go through those after work. The other couple posts on this page should be kinda close, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfinger View Post
Yeah, I'm not real happy about my schedule that day but hopefully I might be able to slip in to give Niel one more "reacharound" before he leaves town

Annnd, my BBQ Wife is going to be there without me?
Not fair
Neil would love that!

Also - to throw it out there - frognot is crashing at the house, so I imagine we'd be eating breakfast on Sunday, so if you wanna mosey on up for that, feel free! We'd love to see you.
WTFWGALD?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #59
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
And are you going to enter goat ribs in the throw down?
I'm holdling out for the whole cabrito TD.
WTFWGALD?
Old 07-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #60
tom b

I'm happy to say we will be there for sure I'm not sure what to bring but Stephanie did mention tater salad, looking forward to seein all yall Saturday