MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Default AR open question

I looked through the sticky but don't have a lot of time to read through 170 + posts this morning

I wonder if I can bother you all to help me figure out how to deal with all the stuff we can order for the comp, like ice. Does a person need to get this stuff from them in advance, or can we get ice when we are there - as we need it? Is there anything else that I should be thinking about getting in advance from the AR folks?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

Ice - you can pre-order or just wave down a gator when they drive by and pay for it. When you check in, your goodie bag will have a nice handy sheet with phone numbers to call when you need something - ice, water, security, beer, meat inspection, trash removal - about everything except a good night kiss hotline (just wander over to the dark side if you need one - I'm sure even you can find some takers).

If you have an RV, come with the tank filled - getting that refilled and draining gray water are a bigger issue - if possible at all (may depend on your exact site and who you find willing to help you)

I would make sure you have your electrical needs in order (add-on form is due tomorrow 9/3). For each cord you run from an AR outlet, you will need an AR tag on it. If they find one going to a site that has not been tagged and you don't have a tag for it, they will DQ you and ask you to leave.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

So I better get on the electricity!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
This Is How We Que It
On the road to being a farker

Are they hurting for teams this year? I seen they extended the on-line app until Sept 3rd.
This Is How We Que It is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
RobKC
is one Smokin' Farker

Make sure you order at least one bag of Kingsford to qualify for the double prize money.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

I don't think Kingsford is doubling the payout this year, but it is a Kingsford event and the team with the most points that signed up for it, will receive some payout.

I think - I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so it's more than just a little bit possible that I'm wrong here.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Smokin' Bad Habit
On the road to being a farker

kingsford is not doubling the pay out in the open, only the invitational, and the add on ap is for just that ad ons... not entry

Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
BBQ_Mayor
is One Chatty Farker

As soon as you get there, call for ice, water and whatever else you need. It may get there by the time you need it. I'm just saying it was a little slow.
WSM, Whole Hog Lousianna pellet Smoker
IPT pellet Smoker and Gateway Drum
CBJ #4643
BBQ_Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote