Fatboy's gonna earn his keep today!

Fishiest1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It will be cooking 2 slabs of ribs, a chuckie, family pack of thighs, Kerri's Baked Beans and ABTs. I'm know it will do it's job. Hopefully I wont mess it up too much!

Sweet! I just fired up my Fatboy as well (but it's 25 degrees up here and I had to a bunch of digging around in deep snow to get started).
Got a brisket on already and a couple slabs of spares going on in a few hours. If I can motivate myself to the supermarket, there may be ABTs as well.

Oh the joys of BBQ and Playoff Football...............

Sounds like a great start to the day. Can't wait for the food pics.

Your in for a good day and a great meal.
Let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks all!

My buddy just dropped off some chicken thighs, skinless and deboned stuffed in a muffin pan? Exactly, what am I supposed to do with that???

Do I just rub them and throw them in the smoker in the pan? Im really not sure..

Ha, sounds like he has been watching Myron Mixon. Use that as a reference for a site search, along with muffin pan chicken. I have not done it this way, but I think you can certainly throw it in the smoker for now, while you look up how to finish. I have seen some doing the entire cook in the pan, and I think I recall some others starting that way and then taking out later in the cook. Usually I have seen some margarine used in conjunction with this method. Post pics...

I did 15 sides of spare ribs on my Fatboy last Saturday for the football games, then turned around and did 4 big chuckies & a batch of ABT's for Sunday's games. The Fatboy is an awesome cooker.

Cheers,
Braddog

I did 15 sides of spare ribs on my Fatboy last Saturday for the football games, then turned around and did 4 big chuckies & a batch of ABT's for Sunday's games. The Fatboy is an awesome cooker.

Cheers,
Braddog

I second that. Sold mine to a customer that wanted one really bad.....but I got a new one comin'!!!! I had two extra racks and 180 doors built onto this one. Can't wait for it!

Wooosh, what a day! This is what I have found out, the kitchen or tv room is no longer the focal point, the smoker is! Considering I did ribs, chuck, abts, beans chicken and muffin chicken everything turned out between good and great so am okay with that.

I have not been able to get a chuck really good though for some reason, just cant figure it out. Oh well, its a project now!

Any Pics Have you checked out thirdeyes site for the chuck I have used it and it turned out pretty good

Back