french toast, spare ribs, chuck short ribs & a couple pork tenderloins

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
a lady gave the missus a loaf of homemade bread, so we decided to make it using alton brown's recipe. i followed it exactly and it turned out awesome....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4frrEw_AL8"]French Toast-Food Network - YouTube[/ame]

i made some cinnamon sugar to put on some of them and powdered sugar on the rest....

i also fired up the large big green egg and cooked a slab of spares along with a couple fresh herbed pork tenderloins and the some chuck short ribs. a few chunks of pecan mixed in with the lump.

i made some homemade potato salad and coleslaw for the sides......

we made some easter eggs for next weekend......

thanks for looking.

See, now you got me thinking. I have a couple pork tenderloins I bought and I thought about butterflying them, stuffing and rolling them, and then smoking them. But those look so nice, maybe I should smoke them empty...

See, now you got me thinking. I have a couple pork tenderloins I bought and I thought about butterflying them, stuffing and rolling them, and then smoking them. But those look so nice, maybe I should smoke them empty...

they turned out really good. olive oil, salt & fresh herbs overnight and i threw them on the grill with the ribs. the kids don't like the pink as much as me, so i brought them to 160 before pulling them off.

i had never cooked chuck short ribs before. they were fantastic. i used a montreal seasoning (dizzy pig) and some additional salt and pepper on them. fantastic. i'd like to get the ribs uncut if possible next time.

That's a good day of eating right there. I had my mother in laws potato salad yesterday, it looks exactly like yours. Those little pickle slices make the whole thing. :thumb:

That's a good day of eating right there. I had my mother in laws potato salad yesterday, it looks exactly like yours. Those little pickle slices make the whole thing. :thumb:

those are those little mini sweet pickles. all i use are red potatos, hard boiled eggs, pickles, mayo, salt and pepper and sometimes a small squeeze of cajun mustard.

Back