Linguica

H

hogheavens

I had linguica for the first time at a Brazilian steakhouse it was fantastic so I gave my butcher a recipe and had him make me some giant links. I'll upload images in a few I'm on my phone and it doesn't seem to upload correctly. I have them over smoke for another hour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
I just used a recipe from a Google search. If you guys have a family or special recipe I would love to make it again. They were fantastic.

Linguica is practically a staple at our house!!

Matt

You being in Turlock, this does not surprise me. Lots of Portegese folks in Turlock, and Linguica is a Portugese Sausage. I was raised in San Leandro, another Port. stronghold, and was raised on Amaral's Linguica. GottaLoveIt!

> THIS Recipe < looks good. But I'm not sure what part of it is Portugese, or why it would be called anything other than just plain ol sausage.
Looks yummy though.

You being in Turlock, this does not surprise me. Lots of Portegese folks in Turlock, and Linguica is a Portugese Sausage. I was raised in San Leandro, another Port. stronghold, and was raised on Amaral's Linguica. GottaLoveIt!

Amaral's and Silva Linguica! Delicious! When i was in the Air Force, I went to a pizza place in Wichita Kansas, asked for Linguica on my pizza and the waitress had no idea what i was talking about! That was a long eight years!

I think its the heavy paprika. I don't see that in a lot of us sausages, although I use it all the time for color. They were great. I smoked the three for just a few hours and three more until they were more like pepperoni. I'm planning on trying them in a pizza tomorrow like cork recommended. .

Back