More tongue pics!

tchilton

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Tonybel's post got me motivated to try some lengua tacos for Memorial Day. Got about a 5 lber.

image_zpszbtnnse8.jpeg

image_zpsy7msqamd.jpeg

Then I skinned it. It's no harder than filleting a fish.

image_zps1cppzlku.jpeg

Then I tied it and rubbed it and put it on BGE at 275° At 11:40 am.

image_zpsoax9uj3z.jpeg

I took it off and wrapped it at 160° with a little beer.

It's still going at 275° right now. Will post more pics when it's done.

I've had both good and bad tongue. This looks like something re ally great. Can wait to see the final product.

Never had tounge before. Hope it turns out good for you. Going to see If I can find it here and give it a try.

3rd post of tongue I've seen this morning...Tonybel has a lot to answer for!

Looks great!!!

i am addicted to taquerias and i always hated lengua then i tried it from a place that pulls it not slices it. amazing. they braise it with a bunch of bay leafs and ground chiles. let it go longer in the foil till it pulls its way better.

Killer looking tacos!! It's lengua anytime I can get it.

Nice skinning job! I just did my first tongue a few weeks ago. Boiled it first before smoking. It was amazing. Even the Missus who couldn't get her head around what she was eating was like :shock: It was melt in your mouth pretty much. Will be getting another next time I see one.

Nice skinning job! I just did my first tongue a few weeks ago. Boiled it first before smoking. It was amazing. Even the Missus who couldn't get her head around what she was eating was like :shock: It was melt in your mouth pretty much. Will be getting another next time I see one.

Did you boil it with the skin on? How long? Peel it before smoking? How long to smoke?

Just the thought of eating tongue... well let's just say I'll hold mine!

Looks good! It's funny every time I tell someone I'm cooking tongue they tell me I'm crazy and no one will ever try it. Yet it's $7.00/lb at my grocery store.
Somebody's buying it!

Back