Good Eats: Right on Q 8/6/11

bover

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
"Host Alton Brown has a summer time hankering for some delicious pork barbecue, and he decides to feast upon a variety of different smoked pieces of pig to satisfy his innermost desire for sizzling, homemade meaty cuisine."

Airs on 8/6/11 @ 7pm central on Food Network. I'm a big fan of the show, so it'll be interesting to see how he addresses this particular subject. I haven't been terribly impressed with his take on ribs or chicken in the past, but in his defense he did go to great lengths to say that he was not doing true 'cue. Got my DVR set as it ought to be worth a watch.

All set to record here, too. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks as well... I enjoy watching him almost as much as Giada... :becky::heh:

Thanks as well... I enjoy watching him almost as much as Giada... :becky::heh:

It's hard to hear what she is saying, as my attention always seems to be drawn to the cleavage she seems to be oh so proud of.

Alton Brown has no cleavage -- and is a man, so I can focus better. He's kind of anal-retentive, but I do learn a lot from his shows. It will be interesting to see what he does with pork.

CD

I had to stop watching Giada, they got a restraining order, Alton drank the Food Network Kool Aid, he'll probably be boiling ribs in a hot tub with liquid smoke.

It's hard to hear what she is saying, as my attention always seems to be drawn to the cleavage she seems to be oh so proud of.

Al watching Giada:

1-1491620-2197-t.jpg

Thanks I will set the DVR. I enjoy the science side of his show.

i had heard about this. A coworker sent it to me. I will be interested to see his take on the subject. Thanks for the reminder to set my DVR

Alton does "True Q" this time. He ordered two iQue 110's from pitmasterIQ.com after seeing one in use at Memphis in May. He called me to consult, and if he followed my advice, he cooked his St. Louis style ribs at 225 using the indirect method shown at pitmasterIQ.com. I think he may have used a Guru also on the show. I can't wait to see this episode!

What are the odds he builds a UDS? He did the electric clay pot smoker before, so it would be right up his alley.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been a Good Eats fan for years, and given the website I am currently reading, this episode will be of particular interest.

The DVR is already set. Can't wait.

AB is the best show on that channel! Guy is cool too... but AB is classic cool! :thumb:

Back