MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default B&B Lump back in my life!

I was able to get B&B oak lump locally for a while, but it's been gone for a few years. Well, I was checking the Ace Hardware site and now it's available, free shipping if you do ship-to-store!

I have no affiliation with either company - just stoked to be able to get that stuff again!

I've been using and pretty much liking different mesquite lumps lately - Best of the West, El Diablo, Lazzari, but man that chit sparks when you light it! Burns great though - and super cheap. Sometimes you gotta chop the pieces a little smaller - not that big a deal, but I'd just as soon just dump the stuff from the bag and use it without having to fool with it. But then again - 14-16 bucks for a 40# bag is hard to argue with...
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #2
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

I love the Hickory and is my go to lump and lucky I can get here , glad yo can get it again .

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
HogGrog
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Greg

Just got it at my local Ace Hardware in Sacramento too!! They are also stocking Rockwood lump too! I’m glad I’m not the Lone Ranger here and that others get excited about trying new lump charcoal.

I have also been using a lot of inexpensive mesquite lump, some I like and others I don’t but the price is right at Smart and Final!
Bar-B-Que ain’t air pollution…

Last edited by HogGrog; 09-05-2018 at 08:01 PM..
HogGrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
16Adams

B&B good stuff. Try to find bbq photos various social media for Houston Livestock Rodeo. You’ll see lots of B&B in the photos. I experiment a lot with various coals. B&B has never disappointed. In order I like B&B lHickory-mesquite-Oak. But I’m happy with all. I use B&B Pellets and quite satisfied (rebranded top shelf pellets). B&B has a great website too.

Top button buttoned and full confession:

@I miss Ozark Oak ;-(

Last edited by 16Adams; 09-05-2018 at 06:10 PM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Default B&B Lump back in my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
B&B good stuff. Try to find bbq photos various social media for Houston Livestock Rodeo. You’ll see lots of B&B in the photos. I experiment a lot with various coals. B&B has never disappointed. In order I like B&B lHickory-mesquite-Oak. But I’m happy with all. I use B&B Pellets and quite satisfied (rebranded top shelf pellets). B&B has a great website too.

Top button buttoned and full confession:

@I miss Ozark Oak ;-(

Ever tried Rockwood? I’ve heard some Ozark Oak fans say good things about it. I use and like it but I’ve never use OO so I’m useless....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #6
GVDub
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : George

Used to order B&B through Anawalt Lumber in North Hollywood when we lived up that way. Got an Ace up the street here, so this is good to know. Been getting the Frontier lump from Fart & Smile near us. Yeah, it's crappy, but it's cheap. Stopped by Lowe's on the way home just now and they still had some of the Royal Oak 2-15# bags for $8 Labor Day deal, so I grabbed a couple and a bag of Stubbs for PBC purposes.

Last edited by GVDub; 09-05-2018 at 07:00 PM..
GVDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:49 PM   #7
mikemci
Babbling Farker

B&B Oak.....my ONLY lump!!!
red Thermapen

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.
mikemci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
I love the Hickory and is my go to lump and lucky I can get here , glad yo can get it again .
Where do you find it around here?

Old 09-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #9
sudsandswine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinstaggs View Post
Ever tried Rockwood? I’ve heard some Ozark Oak fans say good things about it. I use and like it but I’ve never use OO so I’m useless....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's one of my favorite charcoals. Nice chunk size, burns hot and clean, my primo loves it.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #10
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

I love B&B and get it in my area at Academy.
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #11
Hoss

I am hoarding my last several bags of Ozark Oak.I have switched to B&B Hickory or Oak.So far I have been pleased with it.WalMart always has it in stock.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #12
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Thanks for the info Greg!
I was in Ace today. Made a wide circle to avoid the BBQ section. Knew I would find something I "needed". lol

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-06-2018, 07:00 AM   #13
dgaddis1
Full Fledged Farker

I've been using Rockwood mostly for a while now, but recently ran across some B&B Hickory and Royal Oak, neither of which I've used before, so I got a bag of each.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #14
Bubba Gup
On the road to being a farker

Just bought 60 lbs of B&B Hickory at my Walmart. This is the first year I’ve seen it there and wasn’t sure if they would stock it year round. Love the stuff (and the price is nice too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bubba Gup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #15
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsandswine View Post
Where do you find it around here?
Academy Sports and my Walmart has it .

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]