• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon is finished -Pr0n

How much for a couple of pounds of # 10 and what do you charge for shipping?:becky:

Wrap up and send to me after putting a fat free sticker on the package. That way I can stick to my diet and not upset the wife.

Do you notice that it cooks a little different than the store bought stuff? I made some and it seems to go from almost done to burnt real fast, just wondering.

How do you like that slicer?I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone who has one.:confused:

We made our own bacon this year and I love it. Yours looks good. You will never go back to store bought bacon now!

Do you notice that it cooks a little different than the store bought stuff? I made some and it seems to go from almost done to burnt real fast, just wondering.

Yep I've noticed that as well. Low and slow seems to be the key for cooking it, at leases that is what has given me the best results when frying it up.

@yellowhair - I'm loving the slicer so far! We used it a fair amount butchering weekend and then it got a good workout when we made up this batch of bacon. No regrets so far, runs pretty quiet, easy to clean and has plenty of power.

Thanks for all the comments folks! This was my 3rd batch and I feel like I finally dialed in the cure, saltiness and found the wood (cherry) that I really like.

Back