• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fun time at RD

Chef Jim

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Made the long run to Restaurant Depot yesterday. Got there a little late so I could not wander around as much as I like, but it was a good trip.

Found a corned Angus Packer for $2.29 Lb. Cut that into thirds and will try one for Pastrami.

Then a 10 lb. box of Ahi tuna. $49.90. I would prefer fresh but that was $11 a lb.

But the best was an Angus skirt at $5.59 a lb. Sliced it into 15 nice steaks which came out to about $5.33 each. And I only had 1.75 lb of waste for the whole thing.

Skirt-Steaks.jpg

I checked out with about five minutes to closing, with still some long lines at the cashier. Over heard the Head guy saying that this was a record breaking day for them. They did over 1.625 million! I'm in the wrong business.:laugh:

Making my monthly run next Saturday. Worth every mile. I think the Eye of Rounds are among the best values. Also the cheese and the Deli meats and the Shrimp and the... well, you get the picture:-D

Last edited:
But the best was an Angus skirt at $5.59 a lb. Sliced it into 15 nice steaks which came out to about $5.33 each. And I only had 1.75 lb of waste for the whole thing.

RD is fun :-D That looks more like strip steak, not skirt steak to me.

RD is fun :-D That looks more like strip steak, not skirt steak to me.

That's what I was thinking too but I wasn't going to argue with anyone who goes by the name "chef." ;)

OK you got me, the secrete is out, I don't know how to spell and I don't know my cuts of meat. I thought if I used strip you guys might get all excited, I do. Then again I seem to have skirts on the brain. Along with strippers.:laugh:

And if you guys would read my signature you might figure out that I am not really a "Chef" I just play one on the internet. :clap2::clap2:

You can call it chicken for all I care. I see what ya got there, and I'm only a hop, skip and a jump away! I'd lock the freezer up if I were you:-D

i buy all my meat there.. the only issue that i have is that the the breaker packs don't have dates on them.. have had that bite me in the butt a couple times. cut open the cyro and get that bad cheese smell..? shout a few not so nice words, look at the clock and realize that they closed 15 minutes ago... then head to sams.

another good point for them.. i like to pick thru the bone in butts to get the packs that are the same size. if you buy more than 40#s, you get the case price.

they have a trick to the ribs tho.. baby backs there are mostly 32-35 lbs a case. so you think you buy a case, you get the case price? usually. baby backs are 38# min to get the buld discount. annoying. (and speaking of ribs, theirs are heavy for 2.5's. lots of loin of the racks... )

but i do love them..

i'll have to look at that next tomorrow... going to go buy some briskets.. i'll update with some pics tomorrow..

Gore, not planning on company unless Bluetang plans to really raid my freezer.

Blue, if you would like to try to get near my freezer, you will have to get past my two big dogs, and then a small army of assault weapon's.:becky:

Back