Kaiser Rolls, Sirlion Pork Roast and PR0N

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jon
Well, with the help of the Brethren I made this one work. After fighting temps in my WSM, dough not rising, unsure of my cooking method and running low on beer we have ignition. I used Brother LT72884 recipe for Kaiser rolls. They came out very good, although I need to work on my dough, and the way I form them. They were a little bit heavy. After an earlier post Ron L steered me straight on the pork sirlion roast. So here are some pics of tonights fun. I started with 13 rolls. One was consumed by me for trial and one hit the floor.........happy dog. The second pic is my best looking roll, IMHO. The bones pulled clean from the roast and the meat pulled great. A bit dryer than a shoulder but still juicy and good. Everybody smilin' at my house. Cooked the roast to 165* at 250* (or whatever it was as I chased it). Foiled in apple juice and pulled at 190*. Rested in clooler for 2 hours.. Came out of the cooler at 165*.

Last edited:
Wow! Everything looks great! i really like the rolls. I'll have to try that recipe one time.

I'm glad it all worked out!

Back