Yet Another Newb from NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaptainJimmy

Hey guys... I've been lurking on the board for a couple weeks, i finally decided to register and start posting...The posters on this board that i've seen so far are pretty sassy and funny...perfect

I've been pseudo-Qing for a year or so with my GOSM gasser, but that just wasn't good enough. I missed all the nice charcoal flavor and the atomic wedgie you get on butts etc from smoking with real charcoal.

I stumbled into a BGE rescue and finally got myself a real cooker yesterday.

Some pix from my first cook on it (i wasn't prepared to do any sort of cooking yesterday, as I didn't want to jynx myself before i ACTUALLY got it home and started it up)

Just some chicken i quick defrosted. I rubbed it with some random rub i had laying around after defrosting it, basted it with duck sauce (again, what i had laying around)halfway through. The veggies were again, all I had laying around - thinly sliced all purpose potatoes, red onion, evoo & 1/2 pack onion soup.

a little flare up... woops.

Hey fellow Jersey'n Captain. Welcome also to you to the group. Where in Annandale were you? I live in the villiage on Maple Ave.

Welcome fellow Eggheader. You're gonna love it around here, lots of Eggers in here. Grab a cold one and have some fun.

Welcome from the very top end of NJ. Glad you saved that BGE. Hate to see them get put down when nobody adopts them. :rolleyes:

This is the best web forum I have ever come across. Friendly bunch of farkers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back