MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Resesgrill
Knows what a fatty is.

Default brisket for banquet

i have a banquet to do and they have requested smoked brisket in a sauce,we have the smoked part down packed but the sauce is another story,anybody have a good recipe for a merlot mushroom sauce or something to that effect??
Resesgrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

merlot mushroom sauce with bbq brisket? dunno bout that combo. could be great though. i'd experiment first.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

This merlot mushroom sauce is what they requested? Or your just trying to come up with something outside the box?

Its always sauce on the side around here but if I was having to come up with something, I'd look more towards a bourbon bbq sauce versus a merlot mushroom....
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Catch the drippings from the brisket. Put it in the fridge to remove the fat. Warm and strain. Heat and reduce to a sauce consistency. Add flavors that will complement the rub you used on the brisket.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
Catch the drippings from the brisket. Put it in the fridge to remove the fat. Warm and strain. Heat and reduce to a sauce consistency. Add flavors that will complement the rub you used on the brisket.
^^^^^^This.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
Resesgrill
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
great idea thanks!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Hey the spaghetti stuck.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #8
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I make this up all the time. I use it for special parties and such. Start with butter, seperated drippings, rub, Merlot..... then reduce to 1/2.. add honey or Guave and some more merlot till it foams up....
for your mushrooms use 1/2 portabello 1/2 reg mushrooms, butter, oinion, garlic, bacon and rub, put in smoker..
serve two ways, either seperate or once mushromms are 1/2 way cooked mix in with sauce..
I just got home from a big cattering gig and this WENT BIG TIME...brisket goes real good or tri tip or prime rib..it goes ver BIG..
Old 08-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #9
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

ps...never put a sauce other than its own juice on a brisket..put it on the side
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
Resesgrill
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbellybbq View Post
i make this up all the time. I use it for special parties and such. Start with butter, seperated drippings, rub, merlot..... Then reduce to 1/2.. Add honey or guave and some more merlot till it foams up....
For your mushrooms use 1/2 portabello 1/2 reg mushrooms, butter, oinion, garlic, bacon and rub, put in smoker..
Serve two ways, either seperate or once mushromms are 1/2 way cooked mix in with sauce..
I just got home from a big cattering gig and this went big time...brisket goes real good or tri tip or prime rib..it goes ver big..
thanks this was a very big hit!!!!!!!!!!!!