Hot & Fast Memphis-style Pulled Pork (pics)

Yup, it's the rub. I couldn't drive to Memphis to cook it. :-D

John

Well, if you do ever make it down here,give us a shout.Would be honored to show you some local sights(Q joints) and buy you a few beers! Or ginger ale. :thumb:

Tonight I made a darn fine raspberry-chipotle sammich out of the pork. I
topped it with some of my Killer Slaw, funkified with some crushed
pineapple.

RaspChipotlePork_1_2_630.jpg

BTW - Fischer & Wieser Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce® is
killer on pork!

fischer-wieser-roasted-raspberry-15113.jpg

John

When you rubbed it up and put in the fridge you said fat side up. Is there any reasoning for putting fat side up?

I'm trying to bump my temps up each time I cook pulled pork, so far I've only had the cahoneys to go 275', but your tempting me with your style. Me and a friend are cooking for about 60 people this weekend and Im thinking I'm gonna bump it up some more. By the way you are the King of the Pron, lol.:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

John, the pork looks great, and I'm a huge fan of water pans. Only thing is that my little weber bullet is...well, little, and I'm getting tired of halving rib slabs or rolling 'em up. Since moolah has been too tight to get a bigger bullet I might go ahead and make another UDS.....but with a water pan this time around. :thumb:

Mind sharing what you're using for a water pan and how much in ventilation you found necessary to achieve 300*+ temps? I'd really appreciate it!

Mind sharing what you're using for a water pan and how much in ventilation you found necessary to achieve 300*+ temps? I'd really appreciate it!

Dave - I simply added another 22" rack about 18" up from the bottom.
Then I cut the rim off of a 18 1/2" enameled dish pan. It works like a
charm.

100945_1.jpg

As for ventilation, I have three 3/4" holes and one 1 1/8" hole (left when
removing the upright tube shown below) equally spaced around the bottom
and a Weber dome lid.

UDS1_1.jpg

John

Just wanted to say thank you Patio. Used this method in my comp yesterday and took 3rd place for my pulled pork. I used my UDS as well and followed the cook method exactly but did not use the gingerale. Had no problems holding 325* and 350*. The UDS is amazing. I quad wrapped the PP in foil and it came out extremely juicy. I do not have a diffuser/water pan and it still turned out awesome. I think I may do this method from now on but maybe have it sit in the smoke for 4 hours then wrap and if I add an extra hour to my cook time then thats ok. But after 3 hours I was at 165* internal, then bumped the UDS to 350 and I hit 200* 2.5 hours later. Let it rest for about 45 mins and it was so good. I had a 2nd one I brought home and I pulled it 5 hours later and it was still hot and tasted amazing. So thanks again!!

mark

I'm glad that this thread resurfaced. I missed it in Feb. Nice work John. I'm gonna have to try that. The cole slaw recipe sounds like a winner. Thanks.

Hot and fast, so easy a caveman could do it! :becky:

Nice looking pig parts you have there.

Back