ground clearance

mr dirts bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
the trailer smoker im building now there is only *" of space from bottom of fire boxes to ground, i think they may hit, ill post pics later im at work now, and they are about a total of 30" from rear axle.
question is what kinda ground clearance do you guys have on your trailer pits? and do they hit pulling in and out of parking lots and such?

With my trailer leveled I have 19 inches to the bottom of my firebox, 11 inches to the bottom of my jacks that are below the firebox and 6 1/2 inches clearence at the axle. So for I have not had any clearence problems in any parking lots or even cutting through fields. Hope this helps.

ok o basically 11 inches then? yeah im a little worried i may have to jack it up a bit, my issue is that the top shelves are approx 63" off the ground already, at 5'8" i can see over them enough to make them usable if i go up 3" they will be at eye lvel, this pit isnt for me personallyt i want the guy to be happy with it, i think hes about 5'10" tall

Add a pair of heavy duty dolly wheels to a frame under the fire box. That way if it wants to drag through any dip while being towed, it will ride on the dollies and not the fire box.

Back