burning out the grease?

david

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned throwing half a chimney of charcoal into the waterpan, to clean out the grease. Does that work, or will it be something I'll wish I hadn't done?

-David

i jsut flip my water over onto the coals while they heat up, then the stuff just flakes out.

That's a new one to me. I always tuffed it out with a SOS pad. However befor using next time line it with foil, easier clean up. IMHO.

Brian

Think the charcoal to help with grease would be a cluster fark.

BBQchef33 said:
i jsut flip my water over onto the coals while they heat up, then the stuff just flakes out.

Thanks...

I've been putting the water pan and the racks in the firebox while everything is heating up. Just thought maybe there was something better that I was missing out on. I'll just keep going the way I have been.

BBQchef33 said:

Call me stupid it does snot put them out ?

Answer: pressure washer. It will take the crust off of anything.

brd1958 said:
BBQchef33 said:

ok, if you insist....Stupid!!! :p But thats what makes ya such a lovebale kinda guy.. !

i meant Waterpan obviously....And... are we gonna start with the "snot" again.??? Dont rush winter, snotstorms will be here soon enough.

Someone pass the rice please :))

BBQchef33 said:
brd1958 said:
BBQchef33 said:

ok, if you insist....Stupid!!! :p But thats what makes ya such a lovebale kinda guy.. !

i meant Waterpan obviously....And... are we gonna start with the "snot" again.??? Dont rush winter, snotstorms will be here soon enough.

What we mean and what we type can be entirely two diffrent things. Ask Bill and BTW this SOB needs spell check for dumb$sses like me.

brd1958 said:
BBQchef33 said:
brd1958 said:
BBQchef33 said:

What we mean and what we type can be entirely two diffrent things. Ask Bill and BTW this SOB needs spell check for dumb$sses like me.

Oh yeah... i remember that episode ALL TO WELL... I thought we hads a spell check??? Where'd it go??? Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't it here a while ago??? damn, my posts with the ignored typos probably shut it down... it probably spent on day on this group, saif hell with it, an unistalled itself.

The spelling or lack there of just adds flavor to the group. so I would not screw with it.

Why the hell would you want to clean out the grease?

Up north here, its winter insulation.

And grease fires just char the outside a little.

No big thing

:)

david said:
Somebody mentioned throwing half a chimney of charcoal into the waterpan, to clean out the grease. Does that work, or will it be something I'll wish I hadn't done?

-David

Seemed to have some site problems earlier so couldn't reply sooner. If the inside of your cook chamber looks nice and black and doesn't smell foul, leave it alone. I built a fire in the water pan once, really attempting to clean the grill grates, and basically burned all that good seasonong from the cook chamber walls. I do suggest always cleaning the water pan like Phil said - turn it upside down on a bed of hot coals. It will burn clean in seconds. Clean your grates with a good brush.

tk

A Drain Mod Mod!

I was thinking something along the lines of adding a mod that was a cross between a drain and a potato cannon (you got to go search that on yahoo and check out what those people are doing to potatos)

The grease can go down the drain mod and then into a small cyclindrical compartment (size of a soup can on it side). One there is enough in there, the grease will congeal.

Close the drain going back up into the smoke box, Then slide on angled sleeve, pointing skyward, over grease chamber and lock in place.

Start up the air compressor and fill the small chamber behind the grease chamber with about 600psi.

Now go get the kids, lawnchairs, and neighbors.

Point the beast away from you, release the valve, and watch a 5 # ball of grease go shooting over into the next neighborhood.

Turn around to roaring laughter and applause.

Why the hell would you want to clean out the grease?
All right! I won't lite a fire in the smokebox.

But let's talk about modding the drain mod to just spew the stuff into the firebox. Then I'd never even have to think about it.

Some of you northern brothers can use Bill's grease cannon mod!!

Back