• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Red Beans and Rice for 225

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here is what I've got in mind. Any comments or suggestions very much welcomed;

20# Parboiled Rice (Raw), Cook and put in Steam Pan.
In stock pots, saute Onion, Celery, Bell Pepper, Garlic. Add Pulled Pork, Diced Andouille, Chicken Stock, Tomato Sauce and seasonings - Simmer a while. Add canned small red beans. Ladle over rice, Cambro, Deliver, Serve. Thinking 5 Steam Pans.

Had a repeat customer ask to add this to a catering of theirs Saturday night.

Last edited:
Skip the tomato sauce. Saute the trinity for a while before you add the garlic. Garlic will burn and be bitter.

I would keep them separate until time to serve.

Beans in the bowl, scoop of rice in the middle.

I'm not a caterer but I've never been a fan of canned beans. If there's any way possible, I would cook dry beans with the sausage and onions to get a real red beans and rice flavor. Just my $.02.

I agree with this statement depending on how much you charged. If you charged enough to cover your time, cooking the beans yourself is MUCH better.

Nice pull!!! 11 bucks per head!! SWEET.

Not as good as the coasts, but not bad. Brisket, Bratwurst, Caesar Salad, Red Beans and Rice, Mac and Cheese, and Cookies. No drinks.

BTW - No time for pic's. Out the door at 6:00 AM, Fed 710 at 4:00 PM in one town. Left a clean up crew at that one, sent a set up crew to this one. Showed up at 6:30 PM and fed 'em at 7:00 PM.

Last one was at a winery, so after truck was loaded and all was clean, we sat on the deck and drank vino until 11:00, then went home, had a few more on the porch. Made breakfast for all of at 1:00 AM. Got up at 7:00, took a coule excedrin, back to bed, up at 11:00.

Here is what I've got in mind. Any comments or suggestions very much welcomed;

20# Parboiled Rice (Raw), Cook and put in Steam Pan.
In stock pots, saute Onion, Celery, Bell Pepper, Garlic. Add Pulled Pork, Diced Andouille, Chicken Stock, Tomato Sauce and seasonings - Simmer a while. Add canned small red beans. Ladle over rice, Cambro, Deliver, Serve. Thinking 5 Steam Pans.

Had a repeat customer ask to add this to a catering of theirs Saturday night.

I am going to have to try this recipe, sounds yummmmmy!

I am going to have to try this recipe, sounds yummmmmy!

It was. Here are the quantities;
3# Pulled Pork, 5# Andouille, 3 Bunches Celery, 6 Green Peppers, 5# Onions, Garlic to Taste, 1 Gallon Chicken Stock, 1 Gallon Tomato Sauce, Cayenne to Taste, Salt to Taste, 6 Gallons Red Beans, Heavy Dash of Kitchen Bouquet, 1 Gallon Rice (Dry).

Back