• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Needing advice on affordable injectors

jrn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for advice on affordable injectors. I'm on a tight budget and a total newbie at injecting. Thanks guys! :)

I purchased one from Bed, Bath and Beyond based on the recommendation of a food mag. It was $14.99(?) and has worked well for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: jrn
I broke 3 or the $4 wal mart ones in about 2 months before I broke down and bought the $20 stainless one from bass pro. It has been going strong for 2 years now

• Thanks
From an affordability for the quality perspective, a cajun injector is a great, low cost option.

There are other similar ones, under different brand names for around the same price or a few $ more too.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cajun-Injector-Deluxe-Marinade/dp/B00005NUVV"]Amazon.com: Cajun Injector Deluxe Marinade Injector: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

• Thanks
Or you can get them at a farm store like TSC. They carry lots of different sizes.

• Thanks
IMO, until you are ready to shell out some $ for a really nice one, stick to the cheapie $4 and under ones.

• Thanks
Heck I just buy four or five of the Cajun Injector ones and put them throughout my comp gear and kitchen. They do a fine job and I can always find em.

• Thanks
You can go to Walmart and buy a jar of Cajun Injector Brand Butter Creole and get a free basic injector attached to the jar. I have bought about 5 jars over the past few months, as I normally would. Great on pork butts and I now have a supply of spare injectors. I think it's under $4.

• Thanks
I have the Cajun Injector (green) one and it has held up well through about a dozen uses so far. Got it on sale at Gander Mountain for about $10. I bought a jar of CI creole butter for the Thanksgiving turkey and it came with their basic model so just for the heck of it, I used it on two turkeys and it worked okay as well. Funny thing is, my CI "deluxe" model came with an extra needle that fits the basic but not the deluxe.

• Thanks
I've got a couple nice stainless injectors-one from Cabela's, not sure of the other, but I find the cheap syringe type Cajun Injector that comes with the Cajun marinade to work just as well. Plus it's not a travesty if you misplace or break one. My 2c.

From an affordability for the quality perspective, a cajun injector is a great, low cost option.

There are other similar ones, under different brand names for around the same price or a few $ more too.

Amazon.com: Cajun Injector Deluxe Marinade Injector: Sports & Outdoors

I have the Cajun Injector (green) one and it has held up well through about a dozen uses so far. Got it on sale at Gander Mountain for about $10. I bought a jar of CI creole butter for the Thanksgiving turkey and it came with their basic model so just for the heck of it, I used it on two turkeys and it worked okay as well. Funny thing is, my CI "deluxe" model came with an extra needle that fits the basic but not the deluxe.

I'm still using the cheap freebie that came with the Creole butter from a year ago. I imagine the Green one is even better.

• Thanks
  • Thanks
I'm on the el-cheapo team, too.

I buy enough of the turkey injection stuff each year (i fried 14 turkeys this year) that I end up with 3-4 of em.

I broke down and splurged on some that were just a tad more expensive because they had metal threads. I'm pretty sure i got em on clearance for $1-$2 apiece. They are a little nicer than the "freebies" but both work just fine by me.

0007675333147_500X500.jpg

• Thanks
I started out with low cost injectors and have spent more money on junk that broke, cracked, leaked, and clogged. I cooked my first year in comps and broke two injectors.
If you can hold out and save the $50 bucks for a Spitjack you will not be sorry. Easy to use, fill, and clean. Mine is 3 years old and is still in perfect shape and as you might have heard comps are tough on equipment. (Not sponsored by Spitjack)

• Thanks
Back