Contest Organizers disclaimer

matthew burt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
As some of you might know the local BBQ organization/Society in my Area and myself are having a bit of a feud regarding some contest entries they owe me! *I received a couple phone calls last night from friends that received a mailer from GOBS regarding their contest and Entry form! *All of these people that contacted me including myself found their entry interesting, *this is the "disclaimer" they had on their cover letter! *

"Disclaimer: GOBS has organized the above 20th Annual Nebraska State BBQ Contest in the interests of fun and promoting the art of hardwood smoking. GOBS reserves the right to refuse contest entry to any cooking team or individual without cause. This contest may be canceled or postponed by GOBS at any time prior to August 31, 2012 because of any circumstances that prevent the fair conduct of the contest or that are beyond the control of the GOBS organization. In the event of the cancelation or postponement, refund of the contest entry fee will be considered on a team or individual basis; otherwise, neither the GOBS organization, nor any member of the Board of Directors or any GOBS member at large, accepts any liability, financial or otherwise, to any cooking team or individual participating in the 20th Annual Nebraska State BBQ Contest for the cancellation, postponement or change in sanction status of the contest."

I especially found it interesting thaAs most of you all know the local BBQ organization/Society in my Area and myself are having a bit of a feud regarding some contest entries they owe me! *I received a couple phone calls last night from friends that received a mailer from GOBS regarding their contest and Entry form! *All of these people that contacted me including myself found their entry interesting, *this is the "disclaimer" they had on their cover letter! *

"Disclaimer: GOBS has organized the above 20th Annual Nebraska State BBQ Contest in the interests of fun and promoting the art of hardwood smoking. GOBS reserves the right to refuse contest entry to any cooking team or individual without cause. This contest may be canceled or postponed by GOBS at any time prior to August 31, 2012 because of any circumstances that prevent the fair conduct of the contest or that are beyond the control of the GOBS organization. In the event of the cancelation or postponement, refund of the contest entry fee will be considered on a team or individual basis; otherwise, neither the GOBS organization, nor any member of the Board of Directors or any GOBS member at large, accepts any liability, financial or otherwise, to any cooking team or individual participating in the 20th Annual Nebraska State BBQ Contest for the cancellation, postponement or change in sanction status of the contest."

I especially found it interesting that any refunds are made on a team to team basis if the contest is canceled or change of sanctioning!....why wouldn't all teams be refunded? *Why would they have a change of sanctioning? *Interesting, *any of you considering cooking the GOBS contest in LaPlatte,NE BEWARE OF THEIR DISCLAIMER!t any refunds are made on a team to team basis if the contest is canceled or change of sanctioning!....why wouldn't all teams be refunded? *Why would they have a change of sanctioning? *Interesting, *any of you considering cooking the GOBS contest in LaPlatte,NE BEWARE OF THEIR DISCLAIMER! By the way this contest was canceled last year due to flooding.

Good ole boys society, greater Omaha bullying society, greater Omaha bull chit, or Greater Omaha Barbeque Society! Just depends who you ask.

Back