One of the reasons I love Thanksgiving! (with PRON)

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I don't get too excited about turkey, but I do get excited about rib roast going on sale... :becky::hungry::thumb:

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

We are actually going over to my BIL's for T-Day so these are for my private stash. To be honest I'll probably carve them up into 1-1/2" to 2" steaks and vacu-suck them for later termination. $4.99 for bone in choice rib steak is a deal I can't pass up. I think it would be a good idea to sample one steak tonight though to make sure the rest aren't poisonous... :heh:

They'll go on sale again around Christmas and I'll pick up another roast to cook whole. As one physicist I know put it so eloquently, by the time the holidays are over I won't need legs because I'll be able to roll wherever I need to go. :doh:

Thanks for looking...

Looks great! Make sure you make some Yorkshire pudding with the drippings from cooking them. Oh yea some grilled asparagus as a side would be delicious.

Dang I'm hungry now.

I don't get too excited about turkey, but I do get excited about rib roast going on sale... :becky::hungry::thumb:

Me too! :thumb:

I bought two 14 day dry aged choice Hereford rib roasts yesterday, each one three bones. That's a good size for parsley Lady and I since we can get two meals out of one. They are both in the freezer for later.

My dream Thanksgiving is coming out with the turkey, showing it to everyone, then putting it directly in the fridge to make sandwiches with later. Pull out the rib roast and start slicing. :hungry:

Hey, ... what about those enchiladas? :confused:

Nice score! I picked up two of those today myself. While I was in the meat section I also noticed they were having a flat iron sale for $3.47 per pound. I loaded up on those too. Freezer is full now, so I guess I will just have to cook some beef this weekend.

That's gonna be a good Thanksgiving for you!
I'd probably choose beePh over turkey too.

Phu... I'm blessed with turkey over at my BIL's house today, but the siren song of the rib roast will be hard to resist for very long. May have to jump in this weekend. Hope you and Padawan enjoyed or are enjoying your feast today whatever you choose to call it! :becky:

Phu... I'm blessed with turkey over at my BIL's house today, but the siren song of the rib roast will be hard to resist for very long. May have to jump in this weekend. Hope you and Padawan enjoyed or are enjoying your feast today whatever you choose to call it! :becky:

We're calling it "just another day at work in the hospital from 07.30 - 16.00". :wink:
We'll think of you Guys tomorrow when we're having our Phriday cooking.:thumb:

Great score Al! Looking forward to seeing your pron. Hope you and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :-D

Thanks Jeanie... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too! :becky:

Same here - we will be heading to the store first thing in the AM to load up. Love haing them in the freezer.

I'm with ya there, I like turkey, but give me a rib roast, and I'm sailing. Nice score Mon:thumb:

Those are some beautiful roasts! Willing to bet there'll be some mighty fine looking pron in your future!:wink:

Back