THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kendall

Knows what a fatty is.
:rolleyes:
So I love charcoal cooked meat, so on ribs, butts and chicken I usually cowboy lump from Lowes in my rusty old offset with no problem.

But just a quick cook of burgers or brats on any kind of briquette
and she will burp, belch and hiccup from the very first bite.:shock: So I usually
do those kind of meats including grilled meatloaf on the gas grill,

I wonder if the less solid texture ground or processed meats some how absorbs more smoke. Or if the ingredients in any Kingsford product
just doesn't agree with her.
I wonder if I need to stick up on cowboy and sneak some burgers to her as an experiment?

Psychosomatic?

Most briquettes are simply the left over by-products of wood manufacturing products and scrap from the Lump Charcoal Producers. They take the by-products and left over pieces and grind them to a consistent size and then use potato, wheat or corn starch as a binding agent. Some Producers also add mineral char, coal, limestone, starch, borax, and sodium nitrate.

http://old.cbbqa.org/wood/Kingsford.html

https://youtu.be/v7Rmzr3lkJs

Maybe something in the food? What do you add to your burgers like vegetables or something, I can't imagine it is a function of the fuel.

I know some people get indigestion when lighter fluid is used, or if the VOC's (volatile organic compounds) are not burned off. But a clean burning fire is pretty inert. Are you by chance using lighter fluid?

I have an uncle who has a reaction to things cooked with briquettes. He is good on lump and wood cooked que. Some people do have issues with the fillers in briquettes.

That's a compliment in some areas especially parts of India, China or Bahrain which I am sure includes you. For me a simple swig of a carbonated beverage causes some severe teenage boy burps even in middle age.

Start with getting her to take smaller bites, chew everything thoroughly and sip her drinks. A lot of times that will help. If it doesn't make any difference, that's when you should start looking into possible allergies to some component of the food.

Have you tried different brand of briquettes, like stubbs or RO. may its just kingsford. also do you let the coals ash over before using.

Back