• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grilled Sweet & Spicy Thai Wings

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I did up some wings today as the weather has finally dipped below 100 for a few days and I was itching to cook something. I grabbed some whole wings from Sam's this morning and acquired some Thai chicken glaze to be used as part of the cook. As you can see, only right wings are used because they are obviously the best wing. Some were left complete as extreme right wingers. Others were just moderate right wingers with a couple that were uncommitted and severed. Cooked them up on the recently acquired Performer (Thanks to Craig and his list) and finished with my glaze mix. The glaze is a mix of said acquired Thai glaze, Sriracha, a spicy ginger sauce and a few other spices. The came out pretty darn good. If I had time I would definitely do a quick brine and smoke them next time. Then maybe finish at a higher temp on the grill to get he skin done. Now, if only there was a TD running for such an item...

IMAG0345.jp

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

Yum!

IMAG0374.jpg

Plenty of other pics here too: https://picasaweb.google.com/114495...&authkey=Gv1sRgCK2eiI_Vq6nnFQ&feat=directlink

Fantastic wings! Care to share the Thai glaze recipe?

Sure, as soon as I get it :becky: Like I said, I acquired it earlier during my errands . My girlfriend works part time at a restaurant for extra cash and they have this great glaze they use. I just haven't gotten the actual recipe yet (glares at the girlfriend) and haven't taken time to mimic it. Basically its a sesame ginger teriyaki base with serranos and I am sure a few other yummies. It has a nice ginger sweet flavor with a little kick. I did add the sriracha to give it a little more heat. I do plan to come up with my own version here at some point soon and I will be more than happy to share then :thumb: I think I need to track down some of landarc's favorite fish sauce as that would be a great addition.

This is definitely something I will be doing again so I have every intention of refining my own recipe.

I saw those over in the throw-down thread. They look amazing. I tried (unsuccessfully) to make a sweet and spicy sauce with an Asian taste. I'll have to try again soon.

I saw those over in the throw-down thread. They look amazing. I tried (unsuccessfully) to make a sweet and spicy sauce with an Asian taste. I'll have to try again soon.

If you google Thai chicken you will find tons of recipes. I am always a sucker for ginger too.

Those look delicious, :thumb: but a lot of trouble for such a few. Never forget to make enough for leftovers. They can be even better.

Those look delicious, :thumb: but a lot of trouble for such a few. Never forget to make enough for leftovers. They can be even better.

Thanks. Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess) there are only two of us and the GF doesn't like eating meat off the bone :crazy:. So, I had plenty and still have enough to a lunch this week. Plus, I portioned and vaccu-sucked the rest of the wings that came in the huge Sam's pack so I have plenty more to refine a recipe and cook.

Thanks. Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess) there are only two of us and the GF doesn't like eating meat off the bone :crazy:. So, I had plenty and still have enough to a lunch this week. Plus, I portioned and vaccu-sucked the rest of the wings that came in the huge Sam's pack so I have plenty more to refine a recipe and cook.

I would so be all over those!:hungry: They look really good. I like the sound of the glaze mix. Good call on the right wings of course!:thumb:

Back