The Zero's Club

I honestly can't remember all of my entries that got zeros. I know they might be in a close competition for all the ones I only received 1 vote in. Darn sandbaggers. :tsk:
Anyone who feels like going through the chronicles to find all my zeros is welcome to it.

Incidentally I have won one TD. A coveted Bacon TD! Pretty sure I might have caught whiplash after that one. :becky:

Hi Gore!
I want to be Zorro, and I heard you can do that!
How can I easily do a search for past Zorro's?
I cannot remember the entries that Zorro made, is there an easy way to do this?
Also, I would really love to enter Catherine Zeta Jones...but I could not stand to have dinner with her, even if it meant I would get to enter afterward...
Does this make me unsuitable as a Zorro?

Here's the burger I got my first Zero with in the 2010 Burger TD:

1248855_Moose.jpg

It was probably one of the worst food pics I've ever taken...:wacko:

Hi Gore!
I want to be Zorro, and I heard you can do that!
How can I easily do a search for past Zorro's?
I cannot remember the entries that Zorro made, is there an easy way to do this?
Also, I would really love to enter Catherine Zeta Jones...but I could not stand to have dinner with her, even if it meant I would get to enter afterward...
Does this make me unsuitable as a Zorro?

I know I got zeroes but I canst finds um.

Hi Buccs, Chris use to have a program that he'd run and dump out all the past zeroes for the contests. Unfortunately, Chris has not run this program in years and there is no easy way to find out the zeroes without going through the contests one by one. I'm much too lazy to do that, so I'm hoping Moose will provide this service to us. :thumb:

This is the entry that got me a zero in the Smoke Ring TD. Nope, no smoke rings ANYWHERE but that back bacon was awesome! :bow:

P1010386_zpsc286dd73.jpg

P1010385_zps5773fba4.jpg

P1010384_zpse7fcb4cb.jpg

P1010399_zpsc9115cab.jpg

Actually, that program was just a database, which became too much of a hassle to manage as the TD's evolved.

The first problem to deal with was folks who changed their screen name. No biggie really, but all of this was created in my free time with the ONLY reward being the ability to answer one or two stupid TD trivia questions every 6 farking months.:roll:

Next came people using funky characters in their names that could not be saved to picture file names, which were used by a script to auto-populate the VOTE thread...so I had to make a way to handle that...

Then came simple typos in names, and going back over a few years worth of TD's to try and correct the past ones, but mreo typos came in overtime causing the stats to skew...

Then farking ties came up.:doh: So now I couldn't just record "the winner" for each TD, making antoher DB change necessary, particularly once it reached the point of hitting 3-way ties, and possibly worse (thanks to voters trying to make ridiculous ties in the first place).

Then DQ's...

Then teams...

Now, these were headaches, sure. But to load the data into spreadsheets regularly for import was just more time out of each week, so they wouldn't be done for a while, then struggle to "catch up" only to realize some new "change" prevented it from working correctly.

So....I said fark it.

The answers given by it, while nice every great once in a while, simply weren't worth the free time investment. In my opinion.

Anyone is welcome to do it however, and I will share all data I have gathered so far (which is not current).

Otherwise...if you get a zero, feel free to join the zero club. If you want to find out waht TD you got a zero in and you did not bookmark it or otherwise record it on your own...look it up!:thumb:

I can say all this is a nicer way if you like.

Last edited:
I honestly can't remember all of my entries that got zeros. I know they might be in a close competition for all the ones I only received 1 vote in. Darn sandbaggers. :tsk:
Anyone who feels like going through the chronicles to find all my zeros is welcome to it.

Incidentally I have won one TD. A coveted Bacon TD! Pretty sure I might have caught whiplash after that one. :becky:

Here you go Tom.

BigButzBBQ 2011 Fajitas
BigButzBBQ 2011 Summer of SPAM
BigButzBBQ 2010 Burgers
BigButzBBQ 2010 Salad
BigButzBBQ 2010 With a bone
BigButzBBQ 2010 Po-Boy
BigButzBBQ 2011 Nouveau Cuisine

I just realized I got two zeros back to back. In the vote threads posted 10/24/11 and then 10/31/11.

Now I'm gonna see who got to seven first...

I've copied an pasted this question from the Roadmap to the TD, in hindsight it probably didn't belong there anyway, so you won't hurt my feeling if you delete that post. Anyway, can someone here confirm my suspicions?

"Just so I have this straight. I entered 6 dishes into the noobian vs veteran's and got 4 zero's, but the way I understand it is if any of your dishes got a vote then none of the zero's count. Correct?"

Correct. In a multiple entry TD, ALL entries made by someone must have zero votes to get a zero for that TD.

Back