• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lang 48 Deluxe or 60 Deluxe

P

pufferbelly

Brethren.....

Any Lang 0riginal or deluxe owners in Southern California/San Diego??
I would like to see either a 48 Deluxe or a 60 Deluxe if possible. Trying to make a decision. Wouldlike to see first.

pufferbelly

No Lang here, but if you want to look at a Klose, I'm in Culver City.

No Lang here, but if you want to look at a Klose, I'm in Culver City.
I consider Klose and Gator to be right up there in quality and reputation. Just can't afford. Thanks for the offer to see the Klose. May get back to you on that.

pufferbelly

I consider Klose and Gator to be right up there in quality and reputation. Just can't afford. Thanks for the offer to see the Klose. May get back to you on that.

pufferbelly

:thumb:

I have a Lang 48 Patio in Santa Ana you can see if you like. It's well used, but you can see the idea. If it were me, I'd get the Lang 60 Deluxe. I sometimes just stare at the picture on their web site. I know, if the 60 is too big for you, I'll trade you my 48.:wink:

The Lang 60 is a great size cooker. I love mine and use it all the time.

I also have a Lang 84 which is also a great cooker but I don't like to fire it up for a few racks of ribs. I usually use the 84 for much bigger cooks.

I have a Lang 48 Patio in Santa Ana you can see if you like. It's well used, but you can see the idea. If it were me, I'd get the Lang 60 Deluxe. I sometimes just stare at the picture on their web site. I know, if the 60 is too big for you, I'll trade you my 48.:wink:
Thanks, LangsterJohn. I am out in Fontana. Email me with particulars on directions, contact info, etc to set up a time and a day. Email: pufferbelly119@att.net I wouldindeed like to see the patio 48. Thank you for the offer.

When I was looking at Lang smokers I was going to buy a 48. But the more I thought about it the 60 was the better choice. I did not want to say I should have bought the bigger one.

Having smaller smokers, if I had a clue to start with I would've purchased the Lang 60DX
first and never had to purchase the others. The darned Lang cooks so good that I
now use it even when I'm only cooking 2 or 3 racks of ribs... Yes, you can save a little
on the feeding the fire, but I promise you will never regret getting the 60 vs. the 48.
With a 60, if you want to, you can compete in 2 of the 3 categories in MBN comps,
which pretty much require you to cook a ton of meat. So, there's room to grow.
If KCBS allowed it you could cook all 4 categories for 3 teams in that 1 unit. :)
LOTS of room! For MBN we cook 6-9 whole pork shoulders (+-20lbs each) and we'll
cook a case of baby backs 12-14 racks, all at one time, on the Lang 60DX.

Dont look back! Get the 60.

Back