• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Yeah, I got a BUTT on. And You?

P

PitPirate

What are you smoking?

I did the 2 turkey breasts yesterday and put a 10lb Pork butt on at 6 PM EST.

Been quazi-steady at 240 degrees so far.

I have mt 16 year old step-son here for the summer who is playing "war-games" on the internet and have him trianed to check the coals after killing 500 pople.

So that means he good till about 5 AM. I'll be up till 1 AM and at that time I'll put the butt in a foil pan and wrap with heavy foil and CRANK the coals knowing the foil will fight some extra heat.

By morning after he's added some coals I should be "close" and will stoke the coals and finish bringing the meat past the 160 to 190-200 so I can pull.

I'll need to smoke again tonorrow or night for REDSKINS opening day of training camp and a KILLER tailgate party I am throwing. Did I tell you I was in the Washington Post shaking Coach Joe Gibbs hand at Draft Day? lol Yeah, I'm a big Redskins fan too.

Did I mention I've had a beer or two?
lol

peace

I just had a dozen rum and cokes along with a half a dozen shots of cabo wabo. Here's to ya brother.

lol
Man, yer passing me. I'm just a beer and.....herbal guy.

Mixed drinks and shots make this one legged dewd...wobbly

lol

DRINK UP SHRINER!

peace

I did 6 butts yesterday and 6 slabs of ribs. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Pork fat rules!!!!

parrothead said:
I did 6 butts yesterday and 6 slabs of ribs. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Pork fat rules!!!!

I hate when people "trump me"

lol
Hey....it's my rookie season!!!!!!

PitPirate said:
parrothead said:

I hate when people "trump me"

lol
Hey....it's my rookie season!!!!!!

For a "rookie season" you've done quite well grasshopper. I started with a Meco electric last summer that my wife got as award from her company for 20 years of service. We took a road trip to a BBQ competition, smelled the smoke, and was hooked immediately. We came back and bought the 'dera in Oct. Then I found the "brothers" who taught me how to use the thing. So I've only been smoking less than a year in a stick burner and I've already done a competition. There's no way I would have even thought about doing something like that a year ago.

You keep doing what you are doing, cooking, posting, sharing pictures, and learning and that "rookie" status will change to "experienced Q'er" quicker than learning how to play "Smoke On The Water" on the guitar.
You remember those days don't you? You just didn't pick up the guitar and play like Carlos or Eric, did you?

Grasshopper, you're doing a fine job!

Thanks Mr. Kick

Flash Back Mod

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm having a blast.

Just pulled a but off this morning and I think I'll go to the store and get and smoke one all day too.
lol

PitPirate said:
Just pulled a but off this morning and I think I'll go to the store and get and smoke one all day too.
lol

By george, I think he's hooked! I know just how you feel. This is my first year smoking too. You wouldn't believe how happy I am that I found this group.

Bigmista said:
PitPirate said:
lol

By george, I think he's hooked! I know just how you feel. This is my first year smoking too. You wouldn't believe how happy I am that I found this group.

LOL He ain't the only one. Posting about the Meco electric made me remember I hadn't used it in awhile. When I finished my earlier post, I jumped in the car, picked up some wings, thighs, and pork steaks, came home and prepared everything and stuck them in the electric at 12:30.
I'll be eating Q tonight! :lol:
No messing with the fire mod

This is not a large one and only about 7.5lbs and should be done late tonight and I'll pull it and try it and slap in the frige to take Sat. morning to opening day of Redskins Training Camp. I told the guys on a Redskins message board I was bring it and now they are all looking for me and gonna meet at my Jeep. lol

Everyone love the BBQ guy when he whips out his meat.
hahaha

peace

My wife wants burgers and I'm gonna try this new [to me] Southern Flavor stuff on them and maybe some wings on the grill as smoker is rolling. Yep, I like you will be munching too.

My wife wants burgers and I'm gonna try this new [to me] Southern Flavor stuff on them and maybe some wings on the grill as smoker is rolling. Yep, I like you will be munching too

Southern Flavor is a seasoning salt, so be careful how you use it. Which kind did you get, or if you got more than one, which one you planning on trying?

(Damn, I can stay on topic...... :shock: )

Mike G hooked me up today in the mail with some Charbroil Seasonings and also Garlic Seasoning

Not sure what all I will cook but it's gonna taste great.

peace

I have two butts that I am going to brine tonight. Gonna cook them early Saturday morning. Gotta pick up some fatties too. I can't imagine lighting a fire and not smoking a fatty.

See what you people have done to me?!?!?!?

Back