MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
ripsup
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Power drill potato chips

Not sure if this is the right place to ask the question but I figured someone who does fair tents and such might know something about this. I've been trying to search for it online but can't seem to come up with the right terms for this thing that is giving me more then a couple news stories on them.

So, does anyone have any info on the spiral cut potato chip makers that people have at the fairs that they have attached to a power drill. They seem to be made by just putting a power drill on some 2x4's but I was trying to find more info on the cutting end with how that works. If anyone know of a special name for these that I might not know or has an info I'd love to hear more on it cause my wife loved them and they seem pretty easy to make.

Thanks,
RipSUp
ripsup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
BanditBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Rhino

I've seen these things at a local street fair we have each Fall...pretty cool. I've followed their prices on eBay for a couple of years and they are not inexpensive. Search eBay (or somewhere else) for 'ribbon fry'...there are a couple of different listings.

Here's a link for a general search on eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...nkw=ribbon+fry

Hope it helps.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
ripsup
Got rid of the matchlight.

Awesome thanks, I knew someone could give me the word I was looking for. :)

I tried every combination of "power drill spiral cut potato chips" and got nothing. :)
ripsup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
BanditBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Rhino

If you could figure a way to make and sell them for less, you could make a bundle! Those are the same prices they have had for serveral years now.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
bbqbull
Watching over us.

I used to have a hand powered version of one of those gadges if were on the same page.
My thoughts would be to cut off the part you use with your hand, chuck it up in a drill and you could make your chips for much less money.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
juicybuttsbbq
Full Fledged Farker

bbqbull That's exactly what we did, took off the crank handle and chucked up Milwaukee Drills,, and mounted on HDPE material that fitted across one of our 3 compartment sinks,,worked perfectly
Southern Yankee Rotisserie with Texas Pit
Marsali 2424
2 Juicy Style UDS with RibOLator, GURU
The REAL Bubba Keg
A Beloved Scrap Pile Barrel
Award Winning Super Fast [B]Black[/B] Thermapen
[URL="http://www.juicybuttsbbq.com"]www.juicybuttsbbq.com[/URL]
juicybuttsbbq is offline   Reply With Quote