Bacon Cheeseburger

Camille Eonich

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This was supposed to be my entry for the Fast Food Throwdown but I forgot to take a grill shot. My inspiration was the Hardee's Thick Bacon Cheeseburger but those things do need improved on.

I really like pepper bacon so I decided to use that instead of regular bacon and if it's good enough to be on the outside then it's good enough to be on the inside as well. So I chopped some of the bacon up and the fried it until crispy. That went in with the ground chuck, some of the mild cheddar and minced red onion. Then I fried more bacon for the top of the burger.

If onion rings are available I always substitute those for fried so while the burgers were on the BGE I breaded and fried some vadalia onions that had been soaking in a beer/buttermilk mixture. The onion rings took so much work that I hardly had time to check on the burgers much less take a picture and that's how I forgot.

Topped the cooked burgers off with some champagne dill mustard, a thin slice of red onion, tomato, more bacon and more cheese of course.

Attachments

• Ingredients.jpg
    Ingredients.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 341
  • Ingredients2.jpg
    Ingredients2.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Burger.jpg
    Burger.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 343
You gotta enter this in the TD Camille!

Nothing beats a good burger, and that one looks excellent!

Thanks all!

This stuff is awesome on a sandwich, if you can find it you should try it.

WoeberReserve-CD.jpg

OMG. Is it lunch yet? Now I'm starving. That's a Deeelicious looking burger.

Wow! Great looking burger! I'll have just one please!

Looks great Camille ... too many onions for me, but still a very nice burger

Now that I think of it, I'd probably add a fried onion ring or two to that burger...:becky:

Couple months back when visiting Costco they had a wasabi cheese. That cheese on ANY burger would kick it up a notch. Only in US Costco though, pity!

Now that I think of it, I'd probably add a fried onion ring or two to that burger...:becky:

LOL I prefer my onion rings on the side. That was the first time I have made onion rings and they were pretty good but they needed something more. The onions didn't have much flavor either. :(

Couple months back when visiting Costco they had a wasabi cheese. That cheese on ANY burger would kick it up a notch. Only in US Costco though, pity!

I've not tried Wasabi but I have some ideas for pepper jack. Momma always got on to us for playing with our food but this stuff is fun!

Back