• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Show your BBQ Area

Man this thread is inspiring. Having had to stuff three cookers on my small deck off the kitchen and cook in inclement weather over the years, I decided this year was the year to build something. Nothing on the level of AMROCKS' masterpiece, something more along the lines of using what's available to start.

I plan on cutting out some sod in my lawn out back, then cutting down some 8 or 10 inch trees on a friend's property for the pillars. Going to mount the tree trunks on pier blocks and use a couple glue lams for cross members. From there, not sure how I will finish it, thinking of just using tree branches to make faux truss supports, maybe redneck it up a little and have it clean, but rustic with some corrugated steel roofing, indirect lighting and hidden speakers for the tunes.

Sounds cool to me!! just make sure to get lots of pics... Wish I would have taken more along the build.

This my sanctuary its not a big area but its well protected from the wind. I have about a 600 sq ft paver block patio for entertaining but my wife would put me on the grill if I got greasy.

Last edited:
All of these BBQ spaces are ridiculously amazing!

Here is my humble space...
View attachment 54120

How do you choose witch cooker to use? I know it depends on what type of food... but lets say you are cooking steaks tonight - You have five+ different cookers to choose from :becky:. Nice toys you got there :thumb:

How do you choose witch cooker to use? I know it depends on what type of food... but lets say you are cooking steaks tonight - You have five+ different cookers to choose from :becky:. Nice toys you got there :thumb:

Most of my cooks happen on the kettle because I grill/BBQ at least 4 times a week. Kettle is fast to set up and easier to clean than the others (except the gasser). If I was cooking steaks tonight, I'd fire up my kettle.

I just got the WSM recently for my graduation, it hasn't been fired up yet. The rest are used on the weekends for parties/amateur competitions. The WSM will be my main smoker with the UDS as my backup. I need to make some mods to the offset before I fire it up again, I might fix it up and sell it since I got it for free anyways. The ECB is my first smoker, I'm giving it to my boys.

It's fun having them, they each have their own personality...:becky:

Thanks everyone for contributing it is inspirational and a great place to get ideas. Will be fun to see how each persons BBQ Areas change through the years, and also watch the family of cookers grow. I know I have plans to add a FEC100 soon, this shelter makes it possible now.

I know there are a lot who have not posted pics yet, come on and share....

Not sure if our HOA would approve something like this.:p

Nice set up though.:clap2:
copy%20of%20deck%20%28351%29.jpg

Here is a picture of the soon to be covered kitchen and dinning area. Plan to run water and electricity also. I was just going to make a little spot by the shed. But my wife said go big or go home! Dang it, I am home. Looking like it will be 12x22.
6cb47f1b.jpg

Here is a picture of the soon to be covered kitchen and dinning area. Plan to run water and electricity also. I was just going to make a little spot by the shed. But my wife said go big or go home! Dang it, I am home. Looking like it will be 12x22.
6cb47f1b.jpg

be sure to get lots of pics as you go :thumb:

There are 2 charcoal BBQs here on my back patio along with my Weber BabyQ
april2011005.jpg

and on my front patio is my built-in Chargriller next to the wood fired pizza oven.
4-29-11025.jpg

Now this Looks Nice! Is this setup old or built to look old? either way I like it :thumb:

Thanks to all who posted pics. Nice. Real nice. Now, because of all of you I have a wicked urge to go build some deck with a roof for all my stuff. My wife already thinks I'm sick, this is just going to make it worse. I love this site.

19269450.jpg

Well, got the posts set in concrete. Form
For the step built. Slowly but surely, coming along.

Back