First Run-Through on Lang 60

See if this helps...

first_run.jpg

I see ya got the lang seasoned and going. Great first run. Hell I would be proud of it if it was my hundredth. Congrats!

Picnic's aren't my favorite, but wanted a little load of meat on it to simulate a comp.
They came out nice. However, the brisket (and this is coming from a BBQ IS PORK
type-o-guy) was FANTASTIC. One with an injection; the other without. Both were
out of this world good. We liked the injected one better, so we'll go with injected
for the next few comps. We did 5 hours on smoke; 5 hours foiled. Nice smoke ring,
towards overcooked but not falling apart (after 1 hour rest). They held together
(pieces of sliced brisket) and snapped apart with the slightest of tug. We pretty
much had them at 250 most of the way. There was about an hour there towards the
middle to end where we were at 220-225 (playing with charcoal & such).

cds, thanks for display that darned pic. I'll figure it out soon enough.... damn it.

Was my first fatty too. Boy, are these thing RICH. Taste great, but hit and stay
on stomach like a ton-o-bricks.

Interesting; charcoal by itself wont hold 250 on this; more like 220. We needed wood
to get 'er there and hold it.

I'm cooking on a Lang 84 deluxe. I have friends who use other smokers which are fine machines, but I could never see not having a Lang. Build quality, and functionality are amazing. It's a great rig.

I cook on my Lang as often as I can. I get a kick out of tending the fire especially when I'm having a few cold drinks.

Back