State Championship status

Even non member GC's have paid for KCBS services via the per team fee incorporated into the sanctioning fees. Up until last year that was presumed to include AR and The Jack invitation tracking.

Actually I think she is talking about tracking GCs for contests sanctioned by MIM, IBCA, FBA etc as a service to the Royal and the Jack.

Actually I think she is talking about tracking GCs for contests sanctioned by MIM, IBCA, FBA etc as a service to the Royal and the Jack.
Gotcha, even then who's the client? Both the AR and The Jack pay KCBS via sanctioning or contest administrative fees to provide a service that might or might not include GC tracking. I don't want to turn this into a bash KCBS post but the product that KCBS sells to contests is a service product. Seems a little short sighted to discontinue one of the large value added services to your two most visible clients.

is there a smiley around here for "biting my tongue"??

:decision:

You're right, not every head cook is a member. When I was employed @ KCBS and was told to keep track of GC's of State Championships and the winner of a qualifying contest wasn't a member, I would email the organizer of said contest and get the winners information. In MY mind, that was doing a service for the paying contest organizer. The majority of the time, said winner would become a member when I would call them to verify their mailing address, etc.

I guess I'm "old school". If it only took a couple of minutes, what did it matter?? That $35 or $40 that I pay a year doesn't give me a sense of "entitlement".

FWIW, KCBS contest GC's weren't the only sanctioning body GC's I had to have on that spreadsheet before it was handed over to the Royal and the Jack. Now THAT, I would consider "subsidizing".

I think you make an excellent point about the service also applying to the contest organizer who paid a sanctioning fee to KCBS. That would certainly cover any non KCBS Member GCs.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Just got our letter from KCBS on the changes with the AR qualifications. If the notifications were already in the works, I apologize for jumping your stuff. Thanks for getting the letter out George.
Any work on any possible changes with the Jack qualifications?

Just got our letter from KCBS on the changes with the AR qualifications. If the notifications were already in the works, I apologize for jumping your stuff. Thanks for getting the letter out George.
Any work on any possible changes with the Jack qualifications?

Speaking solely for myself, and not KCBS or the board....

The Jack is an invitational, and has every right to set their standards for qualification. That being said, I am not aware of any changes at this point.

I understand that and I've emailed them. In fact, I emailed the same time I emailed the AR. Just haven't heard back from them and wondered if any conversations had taken place between KCBS and the Jack on the subject.
They are usually very quick to respond to queries and I would hate to see teams not get a bung in the draw because of a rule change that was not relayed.

Maybe they haven't made a decision or hadn't even thought about it.. I'm trying to look out for the teams and organizers at this point.

I understand that and I've emailed them. In fact, I emailed the same time I emailed the AR. Just haven't heard back from them and wondered if any conversations had taken place between KCBS and the Jack on the subject.
They are usually very quick to respond to queries and I would hate to see teams not get a bung in the draw because of a rule change that was not relayed.

Maybe they haven't made a decision or hadn't even thought about it.. I'm trying to look out for the teams and organizers at this point.

Again...Speaking Solely for myself and not for KCBS or the board....

They don't have a large staff. Based on past history replies seem to come a litter quicker the closer we are to the event.

I'm not authorized to speak on their behalf but based on history and personal experience they will do whatever they can to be responsive and make things right for teams. There are times in the past where they couldn't and I can understand most of them.

I appreciate your concerns, and if I hear anything and get clearance from the folks at the Jack I WILL share them.

putting the burden onto the AR and Jack, as well as the organizers of qualifying events who must now submit paperwork along with the winning team. Of course they never notified anyone they were making this change. There was a one line reference in the BOD minutes.

Really? Is that correct? Because I got an email with the details listed AND digital copies of the forms needed to send to the winner of my contest. :roll:

Back