Contest Announcment SD BBQ Championships, Huron, SD - June 3&4th, 2011

Gerrit_Boys

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
June 3rd and 4th marks the 5th year of the South Dakota BBQ Championships. I hope you will join us in Huron, SD for an exciting event. There is $10,000 in prize money is up for grabs and this is a state qualfier, one of two in the state. We are also a Chest to Chest qualifier. New this year is gas cards for each returning team that recruits a new team to the contest this year!! Here is the website:

http://www.sdstatefair.com/wheeljam/bbqpage.html

Also on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SD-BBQ-Championships/76680967040

Any questions? Let me know.

Thanks.

Mod edit: Added location and year to title to conform to posting guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
We REALLY want to come back but damned gas prices might be $4 per gallon by then! If we don't see a drop in prices before June, we might stay home this year. We have enough already to contend with.

Jeff, did you catch the part about a gas card for EACH new team recruited. That can ease the pain at the pump. Let's hope the news is wrong about the summer fuel prices.

I saw there was an incentive but didn't see the details. I've been talking up this contest since it was over last year! Fantastic event! At $4 per gallon, it better be a danged nice sized gift card! LOL!

Does pushing new Canadian teams down there count??? Really wishing I could join you guys again Trevor...

This is a great small town event, hospitality and amenities were awesome. Easily worth the 10 hour drive for me.

We'll be there. Gotta use that free entry we won last year!! That helps cheapen up our trip. we may be able to drag along another Marshall team...we'll see. we really enjoy this contest - its one of our favorites of the whole year. Bush and Candi do a great job!

I just thought I'd bump this thread to remind folks about our $10,000 contest in June. Come join us in Huron at the South Dakota State Fair Campgrounds for a great event. There are big sites on grass with good power, hot showers, and an RV station on site. This event is also home to the best car and semi show in the area and the best dirt track racing in the upper midwest. On Friday night we will be having our 2nd annual beanbag tourney along with a chili cookoff. Come check it out!!

Back