Continuing to break in the Performer

Jburt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'll have to admit it, I'm hooked on the kettle now...
Wife's on a no beef or pork diet right now, so it's chicken, turkey, and fish. Luckily this thing's been able to do it all.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 232
Tell your wife your not on a diet, then break out the RIBS !!!!

How long is this diet going to last? The fish sure looks tasty. Is that a tuna steak?

That fish looks great, and that Red Stripe sure is calling my name.

Yep, tuna steaks. Got the performer going real hot and put them right on the flames. Piled the coals to barely touching the grates. That's them with the flame on each side.

As far as the Red Stripe goes, I'm drinking my way through a case so I can use the bottles on my next homebrew batch. I'm going to strip the paint off. The thing about longnecks for homebrew is you can't fit them in a cooler very well to take to other people's houses, plus I like the feel of a handgrenade and Mickey's aren't really a match for Tuna.

Looks great! If I could keep only one cooker from all the pits Ive owned/used over the years it would be my Performer.

Nice cooking. I have never tried piling up the coals that close to the grate.

Did you rub Eleanor's pacifier in the food and give her a little bump of it? I see it in pic #2, or was that for the Red Stripe? Tell Anne I said Bonjour.

Nice looking grub.

I know your pain. My wife doesn't eat beef or pork either, plus she doesn't eat anything smoked. As much as I love to BBQ, it gets to be a real bummer.:cry:

Chuck

Did you rub Eleanor's pacifier in the food and give her a little bump of it? I see it in pic #2, or was that for the Red Stripe? Tell Anne I said Bonjour.

Nice looking grub.

Just dip the 'ole plug (that's what they're known as in my house) in the Red Stripe, dip in the rub, put in kid's mouth. Kinda like breading fried chicken.

Once she graduates to solid food it will be fried chicken!

I know your pain. My wife doesn't eat beef or pork either, plus she doesn't eat anything smoked. As much as I love to BBQ, it gets to be a real bummer.:cry:

Chuck

The fish does look really great, My girl doesnt like beef or pork either, and it is only boneless skinless breast chicken for her. I have yet to smoke Tofu, and i dont want too! I hope when i build my new smoker i can get something going good that really blows her away...

That Tuna is just done perfectly.

Back