Contest Results 4th Kansas Winter Q

bignburlyman

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
59 teams show up to smoke in the snow, Rich & Bunny Tuttle and Dennis & Linda Polson did a great job repping, a great weekend for BBQ.

Bunny has the results in and they are posted at http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2011&month=2&id=2663

top 2

Grand Champion: MUNCHIN HOGS @ THE HILTON
Reserve Champion: CAN'T TOUCH THIS BBQ

Chicken:
1 CAN'T TOUCH THIS BBQ
2 SAUCY HOGS
3 J P CUSTOM SMOKE
4 BUFFALOS BBQ
5 MOOCOW BBQ

Ribs:
1 DODGE COUNTY SMOKERS
2 GREAT PLAINS BBQ
3 WILLIES HOG POND
4 DOUBLE TROUBLE
5 WILD BLUE

Pork:
1 KOSMOS Q
2 MY 3 SONS BAR B QUE MO
3 PAULAS BAD BOYS BBQ
4 SMELL WHATS COOKIN
5 POK N DA RIBS

Brisket:
1 MUNCHIN HOGS @ THE HILTON
2 BEST BUTTS AROUND
3 BIG TZ Q CRU
4 RIBS 4 U
5 SMOKIN TURTLES

Some Brethren teams on the list, glad I got to meet them.

Congrats all

David Keyse

It was a fun contest and we will defiantly be back next year. Our third place overall award was a free entry into the two contests they have over Labor day and next years Winter Q.

Good finish in 8th overall for us, but we won the raffle prize - new set of tires & rims for the cargo trailer. Great little bonus on top of the fun we had this weekend. Looking forward to Labor Day

Contracts to everyone who got called! Wish we would not have DQ in brisket but late is late. All in all a great competition!

It was a fun contest and we will defiantly be back next year. Our third place overall award was a free entry into the two contests they have over Labor day and next years Winter Q.

Nice job fellas! It was good meeting you at Kelly's place. We now have a story that we'll be telling around the fire for many years to come :-D

Contracts to everyone who got called! Wish we would not have DQ in brisket but late is late. All in all a great competition!

It was great seeing you again brother! I felt so bad about that brisket miss...it tasted Top 10 in my book! See you again on the road. Until then, take care :thumb:

Congrats to Rob and the entire Munchin' Hogs Team on winning your first GC of 2011. It's sure to be one of many yet to come this year!

Congrats to all who heard their name! Sorry to hear about the Brisket Kosmo, I figured when I saw the results

Congrats to all who received calls. Congrats to Shane MOOCOW 3rd overall and Scott Wildblue 5th overall.

Tyler

Rich and I enjoyed the contest as well. Great teams and judges. We especially enjoyed meeting at Kelly's place. Great food as usual! Great meeting you, too, Burlyman! You were a tremendous help.

We just now got home! Wow. It'll take us at least 7 hours in that Motorhome of ours this Sept. Guess we'll start out extra early.

By the way..the contest committee was fantastic. Lot of work went into that and it showed! Thanks for a great time.

Rich and Bunny Tuttle
KCass BBQ Team

Congrats Shane and all the rest who walked!!!

Thanks for the great work Bunny and Rich!!

I got to thinking, that I didn't introduce myself to some of the Brethren teams because we were a little short handed most of Friday, and I was rushing back and forth. I did "most" of the meat inspections Friday, so if I didn't introduce myself maybe you will remember seeing me. Also I was the guy handing out the ribbons at awards.

I want to thank everyone who competed and wish everyone great success in 2012! And don't forget we will have 2 full contests Labor Day weekend 2011 following the Chest to Chest competition.

David Keyse
Kansas Winter Q BBQ Committee

It was good meeting you David. Thanks for a great contest! :thumb:

Kevin Feit

Back