• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, folks!

Just back from a trip to Tyler, TX and happy to get back to smoking/cooking at home.

I broke out the new Smoke Gateway for the first time, and was pleasantly impressed.

djmFH6Dl.png

Last week, I happened upon a really nice Manager's Special for Beeph Ribs in the bargain bin - $4 vs. $15 for a meaty pack of beeph short ribs. Oh, alright... if I must. :mrgreen:

Also, CINCHOUSE is about to swear off pork :twitch: for the next 30 days for some crazy nutrition reset. :crazy: That means that I need to get some beef onto the menu around here.

Time for some Barbacoa, a "refill" of fatties for the freezer, and those lovely beef ribs.

SDmZW6ph.jpg

Seriously, if you want some good Barbacoa, try using SteveKing's Barbacoa Recipe...

ScvLkXNh.jpg

Gotta love some North of the Border Green Chile, North of the Border San Miguel, and some John Henry Pecan on your sausage(s)... those'll be good throughout the next couple of weeks.

mk8Vk8ph.jpg

The kids all played so well in the sauna together. - I decide to hit the Chuckie with some John Henry's Mojave Pepper (instead of just S & P) and the beeph ribs with Adkins Rub.

While the meats (especially the chuckie) were in the cooker, I whipped up the liquid/spices for the barbacoa.

RT5AvW4h.jpg

Soon, the chuckie was temping at 165F, and into the pan she went.

ZC9Wm26h.jpg

I got a little wild and crazy with a homemade Honi Honi.

8BA9MoVl.jpg

Soon, the barbacoa was done...

8SC3ci2h.jpg

... and the beeph ribs joined the AH-MAZING broccoli salad and "old rotten 'taters" from my better half.

nw44mmNh.jpg

More shenanigans to come tomorrow.

Kind regards and thin blue,
Shadow

A FINE looking cook. The cook should always remain well lubricated, just like the grates! The " Honi Honi" looks quite Tastee.

Wow we love some beef ribs and those are a great example of how great beef ribs look!

Thanks for the tip on North of the Border rubs, will check them out.

I discovered these folks in ABQ back in 2011-2012, and I really enjoy their offerings.

The PC Willy's Green Chile, San Miguel, and Santa Fe are all excellent options.

Nice cook Marc, picked up a 4# Chuck Roast last week at the Commissary, didn't know exactly what I was going todo with it, think I'll try the Barbacoa.

Back